undercover cops

TroyF

TheBearcat
I'm going to guess that the officer is working security at the liquor store, and has the authority to arrest for trespassing.
He wasn't purchasing anything in the store, he was loitering in the parking lot. And acting as an agent of the liquor store, the officer can tell him to leave the property. Failure to do so results in arrest.

As for the ice tea.....well, tea sucks.

I'm sure there is a back story

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
TroyF said:
I'm going to guess that the officer is working security at the liquor store, and has the authority to arrest for trespassing.
He wasn't purchasing anything in the store, he was loitering in the parking lot. And acting as an agent of the liquor store, the officer can tell him to leave the property. Failure to do so results in arrest.

Are you required to leave within 3 seconds if asked to leave?

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
TroyF said:

Did he identify himself as an agent of the store?

Was he wearing clothing indicating he was an employee of the store?

If your answers are no, then he can't just ask the guy to leave. It be the same as you or I asking the guy to leave.

TroyF

TheBearcat
No time requirement to leave. 3 seconds, 20 seconds, it doesn't matter. He said he wasn't leaving.

He identified himself as the police, it is a moot point if he identifies himself as an agent of the store.

I find it odd that the two men just happened to be videoing themselves in the parking lot. We don't know if they have caused problems there before and went to videotape an encounter.

So quick to jump on the bash then police bandwagon......

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
My initial response was "god some cops sure are dicks" but Troy is right. We don't really have any context and the people who made the video have a vested interest in making the guy look bad.

It does look REALLY bad though. Just saying.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
If he purchased the tea in the store what stops him from hanging out at around or in the store while he dranks dat tee? Just cause an officer says your trespassing does that really mean instantly you went from being a customer to a criminal?

I'm just trying to figure it all out cause I likes me some tee and I likes to hang out wit my boyez when a drank it.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
benjamin-benjamin said:
In court records, Libero says "the way Mr. Beatty carried the beverage appeared suspicious,
Mr. Beatty is lucky he was just "holding it suspiciously." A Chicago police officer would have just shot him and later claimed that he thought the iced tea was a gun.

Latest posts