[SIZE=12pt]24 hours a day, all week long,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]we can't count how many care.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The needs are for gloves, hardhats, and food,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]time after time, people come through,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]we've seen the bad, now, a chance to help the good.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Eight days later, my friend is still missing, I wonder why ?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]I'm sure God has a reason, I try to understand,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]but all I can do is PRAY. . . . . and CRY.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This is dedicated to the rescue workers and heroes unknown of the OKC Federal Building[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Bombing, in memory of Karen Gist Carr. They deserve much more than we could ever hope to give. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Jeff L. Turner[/SIZE]

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
I am still as angry about this as the day it happened. I was miles away and my windows shook and the curtains blew towards me. I ran outside thinking a gas tanker had blown up and was surprised to see nothing out of the ordinary. We had a T.V. in the office and turned it on, and saw the images of the destruction. My son was at a daycare to close for me to not worry. My wife was an R.N. and I expected she would be called in. I told my boss I was leaving to give blood. I finally got in touch with my wife and my son was ok as were the rest of the children at his daycare. The hospital had enough staff to handle the survivors by then, the lines were 2 or 3 blocks at the blood banks. I worried as the weather hampered the efforts of the people searching for survivors My business was at a standstill for days as were many others, it didn't matter. A monster had entered and changed our lives forever.
The rescue efforts and support of the people were heroic and at the same time nothing I would not have been surprised of them.
It didn't hurt anyone I personally knew, but it affected many people the same way as myself.
I still hurts and I am still angry, even though the low life bastards that did this have been dealt with.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I was a Marine and was deployed when this happened. Was in the Pacific on ship headed to Indonesia. Didn't even hear about it for a few days. They flew all of us from Oklahoma over to a carrier, told us what happened, and showed us the news footage. Let us call home to make sure everyone was OK.

My uncle was at the building when the bomb went off, he made it out. He worked at DOT, and his department had moved to a new location, but was there for a meeting. Went to see a friend before the meeting, and the bomb went off during the meeting. His friends office was gone, but my uncles meeting was in the part of the building that was still standing. He doesn't even remember how he got out of the building, and was found a couple of hours after the bombing a couple blocks away at a gas station walking around in a daze. He later found out from others that survived that they tied curtains together and climbed down. He's alive still today but is not the same man.

Lost 2 good friends that were Marine recruiters in the building. Several of my friends had kids in the day care. My sisters good friend lost both of her kids. My Mom's best friend lost her husband.

I only went to the memorial once. Couldn't bring myself to go again. It was to quiet. Went to Ground Zero a couple years after 9/11, felt the same.

Latest posts