Tulsa Gun Club GoFundMe

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
As some of you might know the Tulsa Gun Club (est. 1926) was hit pretty hard by the tornado last week. This is NOT USSA but it is still a great gun club that supports our 2nd Amendment rights as well as the shooting sports. They have an active shotgun division as well as Cowboy Action (SASS)

They have started a gofundme campaign to help defer some of the rebuilding costs, if anyone is interested in helping them out.

https://www.gofundme.com/tulsagunclub

[From the gofundme page]

As many of you know, Tulsa Gun Club was hit hard by the tornado on the evening of March 30, 2016. Our club house, skeet houses, field shelters, several traps, and Tulsey Town were heavily damaged by the tornado. We're headed into the prime shooting season and we need your help getting the club up and running as soon as possible so we can all get back to shooting.

Through the help of Sports World in Tulsa, several companies in our industry have donated items to help us reach our goal. Every $10 donated will equal one entry in the drawing to be held on July 1, 2016 at Sports World. The drawing event will be catered by Arizona's Catering Service. A few of the items donated so far include:

Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 20ga
Browning Maxis CF Sporting
Leupold Mojave Binoculars
Meopta MeoPro 1" Riflescope 3-9 x 40
Remington 1100 50th Anniversary Model
Sig Sauer 2022-9-B
Swarovski CL 10x30 Limited Edition
Winchester SX3 Sporting
Vortex Scopes - Razor RZR-16003 1-6x24 and Razor RZR-2003 1x red dot scope
(2) Keystone Armory STS22 suppressors (Class III)
Caldwell Lead Sled Plus

...and many more items by Cabot, Olin (Winchester Ammo), Ruger, Savage, Smith & Wesson and TruGlo.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
This is the first time I've ever heard of the Tulsa Gun Club. Must not do any competitive shooting???

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
They are a Trap/Skeet complex with a SASS town. Bunch of really good folks up there.. They don't shoot IPSC/3-Gun, but they are in the rotation for the State Skeet Shoot, Regional Skeet Shoot and some trap events.

TerryKendell

Well-Known Fanatic
Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) was started by the Wild Bunch (From the Movie with that Name) that were OLD 3 gun shooters.
(Rifle Shotgun and one Single Action. Latter they added the second Single Action now they are 4 Gun)
They then started the Wild Bunch division with 1911s instead of Single Actions
It just a different form of 3 Gun (OR Four GUN)

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Thanks for the history lesson Terry, but I knew that Jesse was using the term 3-gun as not wearing assless chaps, naming yourself after the cowboy name you called yourself riding a wooden horse in the 40's, and shooting single action guns all the way out to 4 yards, with blistering 3.8 second splits.. :) I know that's not all of 'em, just the ones that close our range for a month per year for their match.. (Hostile much.... )

bboswell

Well-Known Fanatic
While I appreciate the benefits of voluntary support, did the club not carry property insurance? Have to say it makes we wonder about this locations leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
TTownBoz said:
While I appreciate the benefits of voluntary support, did the club not carry property insurance? Have to say it makes we wonder about this locations leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Usually skeet ranges will have insurance for the structures and the machines. Their machines were older Mettarelli's and they probably aren't worth much from an insurance perspective. Certainly not enough to replace with newer machines. There is a ton of effort that goes into rebuilding a skeet and trap facility, and that doesn't even touch the cowboy action town that was damaged. I would hazard to guess those little prop building aren't eligible for insurance coverage. This is one of the oldest clubs in the state and the leadership is doing just fine.

sparks40

Fanatic
Actually they had just replaced all the old machines. The clubhouse may have to be torn down and several of the skeet houses rebuilt. There was a lot of damage to the power and other infrastructure More than the insurance will cover.

Someone start a gofundme campaign for a okcgc action pistol hottub. We'll put it on the lenaii right between the two toilets

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
mike cyrwus said:
Someone start a gofundme campaign for a okcgc action pistol hottub. We'll put it on the lenaii right between the two toilets
Mankini time?

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
sparks40 said:
Actually they had just replaced all the old machines. The clubhouse may have to be torn down and several of the skeet houses rebuilt. There was a lot of damage to the power and other infrastructure More than the insurance will cover.
Did they replace them with the same crappy Mattarelli's? :) I didn't know your login still worked here Mr Parks.. :)
mike cyrwus said:
Or for new poppers!! :)

sparks40

Fanatic
mike_pinto said:
Did they replace them with the same crappy Mattarelli's? :) I didn't know your login still worked here Mr Parks.. :)

Or for new poppers!! :)

They put in Lincoln traps at the first of this year.

Latest posts