Trijicon Customer Service experience

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
There's a little bit of a background story to my situation:

In March, I bought a brand-new Trijicon Reflex II sight from a private seller. He'd owned the sight for a few weeks but decided to upgrade to an optic with magnification. The Reflex hasn't even come out of the box. I bought it and brought it home. The one drawback was that it came with the M16 carry handle mount. I have a detachable carry handle, but I do not like the way this set up at all, so I bought a weaver flat top mount from Trijicon. The new mount arrived, and I removed the Reflex from the M16 mount and was going to put it on the Weaver mount. I looked through the lens after putting it on the Weaver mount and something was WAY wrong. Keep in mind, the optic hadn't been mounted to a weapon for the firing of a SINGLE round. The reticle was no longer the 12.5 MOA amber triangle, but a 60+ MOA amber circular blob. Knowing something was messed up, I called Trijicon's customer service and explained the situation. The tech on the phone said the tritium lamp used to project the reticle on the lens has a "mask" on it to get the exact reticle display they want, enabling them to make 1 lamp for every optic. The mask on my Reflex II somehow fell off. He said to fill out the warranty card that came with it, request a return authorization number online, and send it in.

I wasn't sure if they would cover the repairs, since technically I wasn't the first owner, but I was the first to register it. I made sure I insured it and got a tracking number and my Reflex made the journey back to it's roots: the Trijicon facility in Michigan.

I was told the repair process would take 2 weeks from the day it went into the repair process. At 16 days, I e-mailed their customer service asking for an update. I was informed that the sight had already been mailed back, and I came home to find the sight waiting on my porch. Since it was mailed back, I wasn't charged anything! If there had been an amount I owed for repairs, they would have called prior to fixing anything to make sure I was willing to pay.

Long story short: Trijicon's customer service was fantastic throughout the entire ordeal (is 2 weeks long enough to be considered an ordeal?). My biggest concern was that my optic would not be covered under warranty because I wasn't the first owner. They exceeded my expectations, fixed my sight for no charge, and shipped it back 2 day freight for free. Trijicon is AWESOME!!

Latest posts