Trijicon AccuPoint 1-4 TR24 Green Triangle Post Reticle

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I've used the triangle some, not for 3 gun though. I found I prefer the German #4 crosshair over the triangle. They're great optics for the money.

jhjh11

Well-Known Fanatic
Might look at the bushnell elite 6500 1-6 bout the same money and 6x is very benifitual for 3 gun

jhjh11

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm not a big fan of the trijicons but that's my personal preference. Just find something that has a nice thin reticle that u like and go with that.

Swifty

Well-Known Fanatic
I've used the triangle some, not for 3 gun though. I found I prefer the German #4 crosshair over the triangle. They're great optics for the money.
Is the German #4 the one with the thinner cross hairs? Hows the dot size on them, is it a lot smaller than the triangle?

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
German #4

green-german4-crosshair.jpg

Triangle

green-triangle.jpg

To me, The dot is smaller than the triangle and much easier to be 'precise'. "They" say the triangle is 'faster up-close'. I don't think there is anything lost up-close with the dot.

Trijicon's are great optics for the money. Clear, bright, and illuminated with no batteries. When shooting from indoors to outside the 'illumination' is washed out, but the reticle is still black so it works. I'll never have any other optics on my weapons, Accupoints and ACOG's 4L.

jhjh11

Well-Known Fanatic
In my experience I did not like the width of the crosshairs of the German #4. That is just my preference. My advice would be to look through one at distance. And see if u like it. It's all about u and what u are comfortable with. A larue at 375 whith those crosshairs just wasn't what I was looking for in an optic. I'm no expert just giving my two cents in experiences that I have had. You need to look through the optic and you make that call. There are plenty of guys running this optic at 3 gun matches I will put money on it that they will let you look through it. I'm not bashing this optic. It is clear and I liked everything about it except the crosshairs. That is my opinion take it for what it's worth(not much) just try before you buy it's cheaper that way if you don't like it.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I have the German #4 on my Bushnell Elite 4200. I'd like the lines to be a bit thinner for the long stuff, but it's not a big deal. And I suspect it wouldn't be an issue at all on the 1X6. Mine's a 1.25X4. The illuminated dot is spec'd at 1 mil on mine IRRC. I only use it for the close stuff and don't usually even turn it on. On a bright sunny day you have to turn it up pretty high but I have no problem picking it up, but for the close stuff I seem to be fine with or without it.

I really want to see that new Bushnell 1X6. I like the Elite series pretty well, they seem to have great glass for the money.

Swifty

Well-Known Fanatic
I ended up going with the TR 24-3 German#4. And i love it. I did really good with it yesterday at practice. Those thicker outer cross hairs actually help me square up the target for faster shooting.

Latest posts