Trigger Job on a Beretta 92

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Beretta M9A1 with the traditional mile long 300# trigger pull. Has anyone worked the trigger over and got a reliable trigger pull down to something functionally easy? Maybe 5 - 5.5lbs?

I tried replacing the mainspring with a lighter one and it made a SMALL difference, but I didn't want to go any lighter and affect the reliability.

Hump66

Founding Member
I find that cocking the hammer back is cheaper than gunsmithing. I've never heard of anyone doing a trigger job on a Beretta, but I've also never looked into it.

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
I believe you can buy competition triggers that reduce the double action and single action pull of the trigger. You can do this while also changing the hammer spring to a 96D spring, which has a drastic effect on lightening the 92fs double action pull.

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
I believe you can buy competition triggers that reduce the double action and single action pull of the trigger. You can do this while also changing the hammer spring to a 96D spring, which has a drastic effect on lightening the 92fs double action pull.

The afore mentioned spring IS the 96D and like I said, it didn't make much difference. Mainspring/hammerspring not the recoil spring.
Got a link to a comp trigger? I've never seen one.

Latest posts