Tri City May Be Building Berms and Joining USPSA

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Man I wish those guys would build some dedicated pistol berms and become sanctioned. It's not 1985 anymore. Keep after them Joe.

jtischauser

LOL.

I hear that this match used to be THE sanctioned USPSA pistol match in the state.

Wonder what happened?

I don't think it was ever sanctioned. The story I heard was that the club was split on becoming sanctioned which is why half the guys split off and went to okcgc and became the largest sanctioned club in the state.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Tri-City used to be a sanctioned club with USPSA. They even hosted a State match or two. (won a 10-22 barrel at one)

Greg Lamb was a major contributor to their matches, but he moved out of state.

OKCGC formed while Tri-City was still sanctioned and picked the same day to run their matches. (due to OKCGC scheduling constraints) This didn't sit well down south. Eventually the match day was changed, but the damage had been done.

As I recall Albert telling me, they had a discussion about reaffiliating with USPSA, but didn't think it was worth it to them. They decided to run "IPSC-type" matches instead.

jtischauser

WTH? I just got a text from a member there saying that they may be building 4 more pistol bays. Maybe a sanctioning is coming!

Chris_Andersen

Certified
I was also told they are expanding the long range to 300 meters. And have been talking about building a clubhouse for some time now as well. Pretty cool.

JoesGlock

Well-Known Fanatic
WTH? I just got a text from a member there saying that they may be building 4 more pistol bays. Maybe a sanctioning is coming!

This is true, I was told by Albert the board approved to build 4 additional bays and he is receptive to bring the club into the USPSA fold. I volunteered to help them in any way I can.

TroyF

TheBearcat
This is true, I was told by Albert the board approved to build 4 additional bays and he is receptive to bring the club into the USPSA fold. I volunteered to help them in any way I can.

I suspect there will be alot of help offered to make that become a sanctioned match.

Chambers

actual GM
I'd be more than happy to explain to them what a safe area is, and what can and can't be done there. :)

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
I would be happy to help as well. If they will make it into a safe and legitimate match

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd be more than happy to explain to them what a safe area is, and what can and can't be done there. :)
I would be happy to help as well. If they will make it into a safe and legitimate match

Well while you are at it one of you guys show them how to setup an email account specifically for sending the match scores so we don't recieve 47 ten year old joke emails a week with ten or 15 forward headers. :13:

jtischauser

Well while you are at it one of you guys show them how to setup an email account specifically for sending the match scores so we don't recieve 47 ten year old joke emails a week with ten or 15 forward headers. :13:

Lol!!! Poor Al. He's a few years behind on the old email joke thing isn't he?

JoesGlock

Well-Known Fanatic

This should be fixed. I am doing all of the scoring and emailing of the results. You definitely will not be receiving anything other than the results from me. You may want to send him an email to remove you from his email list.

Latest posts