Training for competition

DanielC25

Active Fanatic
I am no expert by any means but do pretty well in most competitions that I attend. I am just curious how does everyone train on here for upcoming comps. I am broke so I do alot of holster practice and dry firing at home but I think I could do better if I was able to train as if its like a stage. Has anyone ever talked with the local gun ranges to see if they would be willing to allow a few of us to set up a small stage and just run it like its an actual stage during a slow day at the range. I know H and H is big enough but don't know the new range guys and wonder if they are even willing? Would anyone else be interested in practicing like this if we can talk a range into giving us or letting us rent out a bay to practice.?

Chris_Andersen

Certified
The action pistol bays at the Oklahoma City Gun Club are always available to members for that type of practice. I would recommend joining there, or looking into a club with a similar setup. The indoor ranges (and their insurance) would likely never let anyone go in front of the firing line unless it was for a sanctioned event or training class.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
This is something I've always wondered. I have a friend who is looking to buy/rent some land around OKC for setting up a CQB training program (with amazingly low prices), and I'm sure he'd set up an area of this type for practice all day long.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Chris and I ran 150-200 rounds through both our pistols and shotgun today at OKCGC. Great training! I highly recommend you join out there. We had the entire bay to ourselves for 2-3 hours.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
Chris and I ran 150-200 rounds through both our pistols and shotgun today at OKCGC. Great training! I highly recommend you join out there. We had the entire bay to ourselves for 2-3 hours.

Man, I wish I would have had time to stay and shoot with you guys. How often do you guys get out there for training? Also, the cowboy actions stuff was pretty cool to watch. I second the OKCGC membership. Sign up ASAP if you haven't already.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Man, I wish I would have had time to stay and shoot with you guys. How often do you guys get out there for training? Also, the cowboy actions stuff was pretty cool to watch. I second the OKCGC membership. Sign up ASAP if you haven't already.

Not often enough! Come May I'll be out there every night after work.

Latest posts