Tools needed for 10//22 Power Custom trigger install?

Willfully armed

Fanatic
So, I have very little tooling at the new house, my 6' Matco box, along with 99.99% of my tools is 20 miles away at the shop.

Add the fact that this will be my first 10/22 trigger, on my first 10/22 That I've had for a week.... I'm unfamiliar with their innards.

Now, give me a glock and $12 worth of parts, and ill give you a 2# trigger.... im just 10/22 dumb, not gun dumb.

Bjlffire1

Well-Known Fanatic
Pretty straight forward, I did not need anything special just a punch to knock out the pins.
If you have any trouble you can call Power Customs great folks here in Missouri

Willfully armed

Fanatic
I ended up having to call PC, as the sear was missing from the kit, and theyre sending me one.

So it currently has the PC return spring, hammer, sear and hammer spring. Favtpry trigger and sear, as the PC trigger wont work with the factory sear.

3# pull with minor creep

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
I used weed eater line to slide in as you are putting everything back together. Doesn't fit as tight and you can push it out with the pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willfully armed

Fanatic
PeteMcGuire1881 said:
I used weed eater line to slide in as you are putting everything back together. Doesn't fit as tight and you can push it out with the pin.

The kit comes with slave pins to do just that.

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
Willfully armed said:
The kit comes with slave pins to do just that.
Oh, cool. When I replaced years ago there wasn't anything like that.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
Those power customs kits are a pretty nice upgrade for the 10/22. I don't Remember mine taking many more tools than a punch and a couple beers.

SGW Gunsmith

Well-Known Fanatic
Bjlffire1 said:
Pretty straight forward, I did not need anything special just a punch to knock out the pins.
If you have any trouble you can call Power Customs great folks here in Missouri
But don't forget, you need to have just the tip of yer tongue sticking out of the left side corner of your mouth, but just a little bit. :eek:

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
I’m not sure the particulars on that trigger whether it’s a drop in or not. Mine wasn’t so I used a little weed eater line that was a touch smaller than the pins to line everything up then slid the pins in as the line slid out. Made it a little easier.

Latest posts