titanium comp

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
benny hill said:
Now have them in stock, but only 25 /223 and 25/308, act fast if you want one, more comeing. Cost is $150.00 and weigh 3 oz.
Can these be tuned with a regular old cordless drill like the steel ones can? I know Titanium is quite a bit harder is why I ask.

benny hill

It is softer than SS but will drill easy enough if you go slow, it heats up FAST. These will last about twice as long as SS ones. It is like haveing nothing on the muzzle when you swing.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Jesse Tischauser said:
Can these be tuned with a regular old cordless drill like the steel ones can? I know Titanium is quite a bit harder is why I ask.
You're thinking of titanium nitride

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Or maybe adamantium, like wolverine
58458f146b1c03d0cc889fda80f0a4c3.jpg

jtischauser

Wall said:
You're thinking of titanium nitride
I was told cutting Ti bolt carriers required much more machine time which said to me it's not easy to cut or drill. Am I mistaken?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Jesse Tischauser said:
I was told cutting Ti bolt carriers required much more machine time which said to me it's not easy to cut or drill. Am I mistaken?
Not sure. It may take more time because it heats up quicker, but like Benny said it's not as hard as SS. That's why I asked you about the coating/hardening process on those carriers when you first told me about them.

jtischauser

Wall said:
Not sure. It may take more time because it heats up quicker, but like Benny said it's not as hard as SS. That's why I asked you about the coating/hardening process on those carriers when you first told me about them.
Sorry I saw Benny's reply after yours. Think I'm needing one of these.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
It cuts like butter compared to hardened PH stainless. It's not hard, it's just tough and stringy but will wear cutting tools quickly due to the aforementioned heat.

jtischauser

Jesus!!! This place is turning into the old OSA with all the good ole boy off topic chit chat.

What did you guys have for breakfast?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jesse Tischauser said:
Jesus!!! This place is turning into the old OSA with all the good ole boy off topic chit chat.

What did you guys have for breakfast?
Just hoping to get Benny to make the next comp out of Adamantium.

Latest posts