Timney vs. CMC vs. Geissele (all models) vs etc...

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
dennishoddy said:
Still have a couple of BS lowers, I need to build something.
Me too. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!! I just bought a LPK and LaRue grip earlier today. Because I have an extra barrel too.

dennishoddy

I've got so much crap laying around in the shop, who knows how many lowers I can build.

I need to do an inventory. I'm a sucker for sales. :D

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
How's the reset on the Jard? Would it be OK for the local shooter that shoots 5 matches a year? I'm running the RRA 2 stage still. I'm not a pro and only finish half way locally. But want something better then the RRA. Been following this post and thanks for helping out the new guys. The AR gold and sd3g feels like a light pistol trigger then?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Why is the JARD a POS? I know a couple guys that swear by theirs. I've never touched one. Just curious?

jtischauser

bulletman said:
How's the reset on the Jard? Would it be OK for the local shooter that shoots 5 matches a year? I'm running the RRA 2 stage still. I'm not a pro and only finish half way locally. But want something better then the RRA. Been following this post and thanks for helping out the new guys. The AR gold and sd3g feels like a light pistol trigger then?
The best explanation I've hear on the SD3G is that it feels like snapping a carrot. Worst high end trigger I've shot. I couldn't shoot good groups with it because there is no positive wall or breaking point. You squeeze and squeeze and it never stops or gets firm it just goes off.

AR gold feels like a 2-3 lb 1911 trigger.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I've heard stories of doubling and some are able to engage/disengage the safety lever with the hammer up, which would mean it is out of spec.

sloppy and the trigger components are not very rigid. Meaning you need to have a nice hand position, do your breathing, and press it straight back. Fine for a 14lb bench gun, but not a gun that youre going to knock around and ask to give you .12 splits

as an update, I now have 5 AR Gold triggers. one for each AR I currently have. Once I got one, I had this conversation with myself, "do I settle for a inferior trigger on this gun? Do I compromise for money alone?"

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Yeah what Mike said. Do yourself a favor if you haven't handled a ar gold trigger don't then you will never know what your missing! It feels strangely similar to my worked over 2011 trigger.

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
The AR gold then can make some quick splits, short reset and one of the best out there it sounds like.

Seems all the sd3g vids and reviews are on bump fire. Not competition shooting. The hyper fire decent to? Or still a step down from AR gold. I agree I want to buy once and right. I'm also no where near your guys skill level. I shoot local only for 3 gun. But want to start making my equipment better. It seems like the RRA 2 stage has a super long and it takes too long to reset it and shoot. Maybe I can pick one up at Brownells and if I don't like it use the lifetime guarantee and return it...

jtischauser

I haven't shot the hyperfire. Just tried them on other competitor guns in dry fire. I had a 3.5 lb timney, 3.5 lb JP, and I currently still have a 3.5 lb CMC. They are all good but the AR Gold is truly the gold standard. Its just one step better. Yes its more expensive but it is more expensive for a reason imho.

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse, are you running yours stock out of the package? Or have you adjusted it any lighter. A guy at the local shop tonight said he adjusted his lighter... I dont know why, what I've read today makes me believe this 3# trigger feels lighter then what it is. How long have you been running the gold trigger? I appreciate every ones input today.

Skogkat

Fanatic
Jesse, how do you like the CMC? I've been eyeing that one lately myself. I will be a casual competitor at best, so I'm not quite ready to drop the $300 for the AR Gold, although I'm sure it's the best.

Bentsight

Well-Known Fanatic
R.Pullicar.jr said:
Yeah what Mike said. Do yourself a favor if you haven't handled a ar gold trigger don't then you will never know what your missing! It feels strangely similar to my worked over 2011 trigger.
That is EXACTLY how I ended up buying mine!
I did get to handle the new Risearmament trigger last month at the 3G event at USSA and it was hard to tell any difference between it and the Gold. Anybody bought one yet?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Kraig J said:
Jesse, how do you like the CMC? I've been eyeing that one lately myself. I will be a casual competitor at best, so I'm not quite ready to drop the $300 for the AR Gold, although I'm sure it's the best.
GI trigger = Ford Pinto
CMC = Corvette
AR Gold = Ferrari

Latest posts