Timney Targa 2 Stage

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
Seeing as we are getting a smoking deal from Timney, I was looking at the selection and wondering if anyone has any experience with the Targa triggers. Would the short first stage flat trigger be viable for 3 gun?

Rader89

Well-Known Fanatic
Im thinking about the same thing. Ive tired the single stage. I currently use a cmc flat single stage and love it. Unless i can feel a their new one i think ill be going with the single stage

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Fallout556

Well-Known Fanatic
James Casanova was telling me he loves the two stage. He said great for long range and for quick short just ride the 2nd stage reset.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
I already run a S3G in my rifle, so I think I'll order the Targa red and see how it does. Once I get it in I'll make sure to post some feedback.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
Just ordered, said it would go out today so I should be able to shoot it in one of our matches on Wednesday.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I've always thought it was odd that more people didn't use 2 stage triggers in 3gun. It may just be due to most people not truly understanding what it is.

good call tony.
this, however is a 2 pound 1st and a 2# second. not sure. Id like to try it though.

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
That is about the middle of my Geissele SSA and SSA-E. I'd like to try a cassette trigger and I like 2 Stages. I'll have to give one of these a try.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
Rick Howell said:
That is about the middle of my Geissele SSA and SSA-E. I'd like to try a cassette trigger and I like 2 Stages. I'll have to give one of these a try.
Pretty much my thinking...

benny hill

You have to move your finger about 3 times as far each way of a properly set up JP. As slow as my finger is , I need all the help I can get. And no, I cannot soak it overnite in crouchoil anymore.

benny hill said:
You have to move your finger about 3 times as far each way of a properly set up JP. As slow as my finger is , I need all the help I can get. And no, I cannot soak it overnite in crouchoil anymore.
but I can pick my nose in the time it takes any AR to cycle. moot point.

bigred200e

Fanatic
Worst case you end up with a trigger for your SPR. I'm interested in how it compares to the SSA. So far I've got a couple Geisseles, a Larue, and a R&P trigger. The MBT was the cheapest, but I really haven't had time to test it fully.

Fallout556

Well-Known Fanatic
Has anyone played with the roller trigger that JP enterprises has out? Supposed to take the pull to the side out of the trigger. Curious about its results and if any other company is trying that.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Benny, You should see him fling them. Deadly accurate

Latest posts