Tikka T3 - good buy? or good-bye...

harper

Fanatic
Anyone have any hands on with a Tikka T3? specifically the Lite or Hunter models?
I've heard some good things (could just be dealers blown' smoke for sales), but am not familiar with the fit/finish or overall quality of the brand (Sako).
Price point is pretty decent, but don't know how it would stack up to a Rem 700 or Win 70, or even a Savage.
Possible calibers would be a .270 or 30-06.

Thoughts?

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
Sako makes high quality rifles. The T3 isn't a classic hunting rifle but they are good for the money.

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got a T3 Super Varmint in .308, and it is the bees knees!! Factory, surplus, or hand loads all have held less than 1 moa. Its done its job relentlessly whether it is a warthog at 40 yards or a blue wildebeest at 330 yards.

My brother has the T3 lite in .30-06, it seems to be a little more picky on ammo and don't miss because it starts to really spray them all over after 3 shots.

Feegee

The Magic Man
I have a T3 lite in 300 WSM and I love it. No problems with it at all. It shoots really good.

The Tika T3 tactical is a bad ass rifle!!

(null)

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
I've spent the last 3 months behind a T3 lite in 308, and have nothing but good things to say about it, It has held its zero and considering that it weighs less than 7# loaded and scoped, it makes a very first rifle or last rifle.

Trapr

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
They are a decent rifle. I had it nailed down to one of those or a Weatherby Vangard. Got the Weatherby, because that's what I ran across first.

Browtine

Well-Known Fanatic
My T3 Light in 243 is scary accurate.

243target.jpg

sefentress

Well-Known Fanatic
I have the laminated stock model in stainless, nice adjustible trigger, a hammer forged bbl that a bore scope showed to have a very, very smooth finnish. It is in 25-06 and groups very well with several different loads!