STI/SVI Thoughts on STI DVC Carry

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
So I was looking at the STI DVC Carry, and just from handling it's feels great in my hand for an every day carry or EDC. From my research on a number forums is somewhat limited as I don't see many threads about them.

Does anyone have any thoughts around the aluminum frame?

I've dealt with a few of the marketing guys over the years and they were always friendly. Has anyone used the customer support with STI?

Looks like they have a warranty per the website, just like any other gun.
https://sti-guns.myshopify.com/pages/faqs

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Cool guns, but I've never cared for the feel of the grip.
If one were to place a Nighthawk or Guncrafter grip on it, that may just be the ticket

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
That's an interesting proposition you're talking about. I might have to consider it.

I've never held a Guncrafter so I can't comment. Might have to organize a Fanatic Shoot so I can hold one and see how they handle.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
That's an interesting proposition you're talking about. I might have to consider it.

I've never held a Guncrafter so I can't comment. Might have to organize a Fanatic Shoot so I can hold one and see how they handle.

You could always put an SVI grip on it. Looks like they are making alloy grip frames as well.

https://infinity.americommerce.com/grips.aspx

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Ya kinda got me thinking of these again. I had a STI 4.0, I liked it, except the frame. Some of the frames they are making are simply awesome

Monadh

Well-Known Fanatic

I shot two different GI Hellcat x2 pistols last Thursday when my daughter and I went to Guncrafter. It would be hard to describe the ease in which I could hit the target. Nothing I have handled before was as easy to shoot. Even my 15 year old daughter was hammering the plates.

Paul_1SG

Fanatic
Wife got me a DVC carry for my birthday this year. She got me the 9mm without light rail. This thing shoots like a well oiled machine. There is very little muzzle flip. It fits the hand well and did I mention it shoot like a well oiled machine. The wife also liked it and she is not a shooter.

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
So I was looking at the STI DVC Carry, and just from handling it's feels great in my hand for an every day carry or EDC. From my research on a number forums is somewhat limited as I don't see many threads about them.

Does anyone have any thoughts around the aluminum frame?

I've dealt with a few of the marketing guys over the years and they were always friendly. Has anyone used the customer support with STI?

Looks like they have a warranty per the website, just like any other gun.
https://sti-guns.myshopify.com/pages/faqs
Have both the STI DVC-C and Staccato-C. The STI DVC-C is a great gun. super accurate and pure pleasure to shoot, in answer to your question about this gun. Took it and my Wilson EDC X9 to the Range last week for a direct comparison. Both gave excellent results from 7, 10, 15 and 25 yards for a total of 50 rounds each. The Wilson was a little smoother but both excellent guns. Carry the Staccato most of the time for it's slimmer and more easily concealed under a T-Shirt. Have CC all three guns with little printing. Would not want to give any of them up.

Latest posts