This forum is dead.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
This place is as dead as oklahoma competitive pistol shooting in general

Oklahoma competitive shooting isn't dead. Over 80+ at most uspsa matches at okcgc as well as steel challenge. I'll admit that I attended more matches just because I got the constant reminders from this site about upcoming events and I had/have a lot of friends from here who attend those matches and the banter on here afterwards was always fun.

The forum has taken a huge dive, mostly because Brianenos.com and Facebook are much more established and therefore the go to sites for everyone.
I don't use Facebook and no desire to, so without the constant reminders I sadly don't attend as many matches as I'd like to.

I'm glad my bitter post has created a conversation on how this forum has deteriorated, and I hope it comes back to life. I just don't have the answers on how it can spring back from the dead.

donewithit

Active Fanatic
Oklahoma competitive shooting isn't dead. Over 80+ at most uspsa matches at okcgc as well as steel challenge. I'll admit that I attended more matches just because I got the constant reminders from this site about upcoming events and I had/have a lot of friends from here who attend those matches and the banter on here afterwards was always fun.

The forum has taken a huge dive, mostly because Brianenos.com and Facebook are much more established and therefore the go to sites for everyone.
I don't use Facebook and no desire to, so without the constant reminders I sadly don't attend as many matches as I'd like to.

I'm glad my bitter post has created a conversation on how this forum has deteriorated, and I hope it comes back to life. I just don't have the answers on how it can spring back from the dead.
I'm talking talent level mostly

Ron J

Fanatic
Completely agree. A forum is only as good as those that post.

OSA had it's moments when the conversations/posts were about firearms. When they drifted into political ideological bends, it got puerile AF. And the moderators were the worst ... You were the only fair moderator on that board.

They had one mod (Yukon Glocker) who once posted that "the Republican Platform is based on systemic racism" along with some other crap he mindlessly parroted from a liberal coloring book. When he was challenged to unpack such shrill nonsense, he pissed backwards and ran like a little ball gag wearing liberal cuck away from his post. Point is the could imply that one was a racist or worse but if one questioned his integrity and propensity to say ****, one gets a time-out or banned. Would not be in least surprised if he and the owner of that forum spend their weekends pleasuring small farm animals.

Civil discourse has to go both ways. With the exception of you, OSA mods didn't practice that which to me, made that forum suck.

donewithit

Active Fanatic
Completely agree. A forum is only as good as those that post.

OSA had it's moments when the conversations/posts were about firearms. When they drifted into political ideological bends, it got puerile AF. And the moderators were the worst ... You were the only fair moderator on that board.

They had one mod (Yukon Glocker) who once posted that "the Republican Platform is based on systemic racism" along with some other crap he mindlessly parroted from a liberal coloring book. When he was challenged to unpack such shrill nonsense, he pissed backwards and ran like a little ball gag wearing liberal cuck away from his post. Point is the could imply that one was a racist or worse but if one questioned his integrity and propensity to say ****, one gets a time-out or banned. Would not be in least surprised if he and the owner of that forum spend their weekends pleasuring small farm animals.

Civil discourse has to go both ways. With the exception of you, OSA mods didn't practice that which to me, made that forum suck.
I knew that guy. He got edumacated in grad school and now he's seen how the world really is. Very weak minded

dennishoddy

This forum is for sure. May merge it with a more active forum.
Forums survive because they develop a community as I earlier stated in this thread. The community can't be thwarted by the moderators with personal issues. Mods must remain neutral no matter if they get attacked which does happen often when they follow the forum rules they are tasked to follow.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Forums survive because they develop a community as I earlier stated in this thread. The community can't be thwarted by the moderators with personal issues. Mods must remain neutral no matter if they get attacked which does happen often when they follow the forum rules they are tasked to follow.
Maybe I missed something but don't see anything happening here preventing that.

Latest posts