This forum is dead.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Let's face it folks, this place is done for.
It had a strong presence for a few years, but now it's just tumbleweeds blowing in the breeze.
Time to say goodbye to the once hopeful Boomershooter.com

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
sad but seems true

since I don't do facebook, the other local one is there for BS, but not as helpful for anything else
I didn't get to go to not one match in 2019, I hope I can get to some this year since some family things have finally gotten taken care of, but one will not.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Yep, first the silver run out, then the people run out, then the whiskey run out, then the beer run out. Don't matter; it's good to see a high roller come through.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
It's not dead yet. One of the biggest changes I have planned is to add more focus on Oklahoma gun rights, meetups etc.
However let me see if I can ping everyone on the site in the next week or so. Stay tuned!

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
It's not dead yet. One of the biggest changes I have planned is to add more focus on Oklahoma gun rights, meetups etc.
However let me see if I can ping everyone on the site in the next week or so. Stay tuned!

The last post to this site was 6 days ago. Hell, it took you 8 days to respond to this thread, and you own it.
It's dead.
Taking over this site at this point is like buying a used boat. Nothing but wasted time and money.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
The last post to this site was 6 days ago. Hell, it took you 8 days to respond to this thread, and you own it.
It's dead.
Taking over this site at this point is like buying a used boat. Nothing but wasted time and money.
That's fair.

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
There's a new owner? I got a PM asking about improving the site, but there was no mention of ownership.

The PM was from Blackbeard. Focusing on gun rights and meetups? I hope this isn't an effort to start "auditing" activity.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
There's a new owner? I got a PM asking about improving the site, but there was no mention of ownership.

The PM was from Blackbeard. Focusing on gun rights and meetups? I hope this isn't an effort to start "auditing" activity.
I took over the site last year. My goal is simply to expand what the site is about instead of being strictly niche.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Not all of us are in Oklahoma either. I am in Florida. (Tampa Bay Area) I found the site because the the University of Florida shooting team. They were all members here and wore the jerseys at matches, until they made their own jerseys. I liked the Boomer Shooter name because I am from Oklahoma. (Del City / Midwest City / OKC) I also met Jesse at a match and we talked about the forums.

I liked the contingency programs, but mostly came here to learn about 3gun. I wore the Boomer Shooter jersey for 3 years, until I got some sponsors and now where my own jersey. I do think a lot of people were here for the contingency program. I did win some cool stuff. OR3GUN kit, $250 gift cert to Freedom Munitions, and a ceracoate job for a rifle. But I wasn't here just for the program.

dennishoddy

I took over the site last year. My goal is simply to expand what the site is about instead of being strictly niche.
As I've stated privately, and I think it needs to be heard publically, Niche forums are popcorn in the pan. Big pop for a minute or two and then they are done. BoomerShooter is a perfect example. The original owners banned anybody that wasn't 100% competition related, and after the 1000'th question of is a 9mm better than a .40 for major scoring, it's done.
I've been a moderator on two forums that were single issue prior to BS, Arkansas Deer Hunters, and Arkansas fish and game that the owner decided to change the successful forums into an archery only format. I was the food plot and deer hunting forum mod. Both failed shortly after because how many questions can you ask about the right broadhead before all archery only subjects are answered a thousand times. BS followed the same pattern.
I'm a retired Moderator on OSA, (Oklahoma Shooters Association), and the Admin on OklahomaHunter.org.
OSA is humming along pretty steadily, because they have a diversity of participants that want to talk about different subjects with gun ownership and 2A Issues always the focus. Politics, the issues in Virginia, parking tickets, Blah, blah, how the reciprocity in other states will work, whats a good recipe for thanksgiving and so on. Why do they allow that off topic from guns or competition?
Its because every one of the folks posting about a great pizza recipe is also a gun owner, competition shooter, and casual shooter that has different thoughts in their minds they would like to discuss other than just competition shooting. When you allow a diversity of opinions on a forum about different subjects, you form a community that becomes loyal to the forum. The community is what makes the forum successful.
There was also some infighting among the Alpha males on BS that caused a serious outflow of members that formed a falsebook group from what I've heard. I'm not a member of that social media outlet, so take that intel as some information that may be true and may not be true as it's second hand.

The forum is too difficult to navigate for a lot of folks that visit forums that aren't computer savvy. That's why falsebook is so popular. They can just log on, and all their interests are just a scroll down the page.
Way too many sub forums and that has been a complaint from the beginning from folks I've had conversations with.
Hope I didn't make anyone mad, and tried to be neutral in my comments, but I was asked for my opinion, and here it is.
I have zero problems with anyone contesting my opinion and will readily accept their constructive criticism in further discussions.

Dancer4Life

Long Live The Republic, God Bless America!
let me see if I can ping everyone on the site in the next week or so. Stay tuned!
First of all I would like to reintroduce myself. My name is Lee (dancer4life) and I originally joined the forum in 2014. I'm 56 years old and live in Yukon, OK. I want to thank Blackbeard for reaching our to me and I assume a lot of the old inactive members. I joined this forum about 6 years ago because I was really interested in competition shooing. I got lots of great information at the time but unfortunately due to my job and life, I have never gotten give it a try.

With this forum being a great Niche for competitive shooters, it didn't really offer much for the average gun enthusiast such as myself. I was made to feel that way as well by some of the members. So I left. Not mad or upset but I just went a looked for other forums that would make me feel welcome for just being a gun enthusiast.
I am and have been a member and moderator of a number of other forums and have really enjoyed them.

I love all firearms. I love watching competitive shooters on video, I love collecting guns, I love target practice, I love defensive training, I love anything that has to do with guns. I own all types of guns, from Glock's (my passion) to 1911's to AR's to AK's to deer rifles (lever action and bolt action) to shotguns.

I am coming back to BoomerShooter mainly because I just like to support all things guns and especially the local forums. Heck, I still have two BoomerShooter shooting jerseys I got here through I think it was called the "Contingency Program". I may be wrong but for some reason that sounds right. I really would hate if this forum dies. It has a great niche for competitive shooters but I really do think it needs to really try to focus on other areas of the gun world as well to bring in/back members that are not just competitive shooters.

I apologize for being long winded. Good luck to the Admins and I hope nothing but the best for the BoomerShooter forum. I will continue to support however I can.

Thanks guys.

300BLKAAC

Well-Known Fanatic
I actually love this board but my life has been crazy busy after a lot of changes in a very changes in a short amount of time I'll do my best to getting back here and communicating more

dennishoddy

First of all I would like to reintroduce myself. My name is Lee (dancer4life) and I originally joined the forum in 2014. I'm 56 years old and live in Yukon, OK. I want to thank Blackbeard for reaching our to me and I assume a lot of the old inactive members. I joined this forum about 6 years ago because I was really interested in competition shooing. I got lots of great information at the time but unfortunately due to my job and life, I have never gotten give it a try.

With this forum being a great Niche for competitive shooters, it didn't really offer much for the average gun enthusiast such as myself. I was made to feel that way as well by some of the members. So I left. Not mad or upset but I just went a looked for other forums that would make me feel welcome for just being a gun enthusiast.
I am and have been a member and moderator of a number of other forums and have really enjoyed them.

I love all firearms. I love watching competitive shooters on video, I love collecting guns, I love target practice, I love defensive training, I love anything that has to do with guns. I own all types of guns, from Glock's (my passion) to 1911's to AR's to AK's to deer rifles (lever action and bolt action) to shotguns.

I am coming back to BoomerShooter mainly because I just like to support all things guns and especially the local forums. Heck, I still have two BoomerShooter shooting jerseys I got here through I think it was called the "Contingency Program". I may be wrong but for some reason that sounds right. I really would hate if this forum dies. It has a great niche for competitive shooters but I really do think it needs to really try to focus on other areas of the gun world as well to bring in/back members that are not just competitive shooters.

I apologize for being long winded. Good luck to the Admins and I hope nothing but the best for the BoomerShooter forum. I will continue to support however I can.

Thanks guys.
Agree with everything you said.

donewithit

Active Fanatic
This place is doomed.
Dennis, when it was all competition and fairly strict, we had big names that would post on here and membership and posts were at their highest.
The "two" main owners used this place like a condom for their egos and once they blew it, they pulled out and handed it over to the second rate peanut monkeys and played internet grab ass on here. And everyone hooted and hollered. And a big draw was the classifieds and that drew a lot of folks in. Until one or more mods lived on there and bought up all the good deals. And the giveaway fiascos; prizes not being sent for months that was a **** stew.
and then sucker H&H, widely regarded as a ripoff joke of a store, in as a main sponsor, give them some spammy forum it's clear that this forum was mismanaged and milked.
also the whole jersey thing was financially brilliant but it created a walking army of balding overweight slightly below average shooters that managed to find a way besides skill and congeniality to don a Shooter's jersey and spend even more money on a sport without improving. Those walking XL billboards made it clear to intelligent Competitive shooters that BS was a joke. And they were, literally. Right or wrong, eyes were rolling.

Blackbeard, If I owned this forum I'd cut ties with everyone that was involved with it before you bought the forum and completely blow it up. Form new subs, a new format, and go for mainstream firearms enthusiasts. Everyone.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't think forum participation has much to do with being a "niche" forum. Sure, having a broad base helps. I think it had to do with those who compete in competitions and is how the site came to be as there was another forum in Oklahoma who wasn't so friendly to those who compete as I remember it and we came here to learn from each other. The way I see it, participation began to dwindle as more and more people went to facebook as well as seeing those who were active posters become less involved in shooting competitions. Get those types of people back and I would be happy to join in the discussions again, if you want to make it more like the forum we already have in Oklahoma, I don't want any part of that.