The wife got a new shotty

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Today was a great day. I figured i was ready to go spend some of those Heartland match gift certificates so i went shopping. I went with the sole intention of picking up night sights for the m&p and several mags. well when i walked in the guy that greated me said no mags and no sights for the m&p. then turned to his buddy and said he was going to lunch.

the next guy was super helpful.....too much. after kicking around what i was gonna spend my money on i asked him to show me all of his 20ga. i had been wanting a shotty for the wife for a while and he ended up showing me a youth model stoeger condor. i was pretty hesitant on getting a stoeger but it seemed nice, fit her well and the money was decent so we got it....while we were waiting he also found the night sights, a couple of boxes of ammo, and a high viz front sight for the shotty.

we got to go shoot it afterwards. that was great. i cant shoot a shotty worth a damn so i definatly have trouble instrucing it. well after a box of ammo she was smoking most everything thrown, which is great since she had never really shot since being handed her brothers 12ga when she was 12. i have to say it was all her as the only intelligent things i could tell her was to keep both eyes open, shoot while it was still going up, hold the gun tight and follow through. she didnt want to stop after she ran out of #8 so she started blasting them with the #2 shot i got for her to get used to home defense rounds. i got to hand it to her she actually never missed while blasting 2 shot at clays with a 20 ga. albiet i was throwing those suckers pretty dang high.

all in all it was a pretty great day and i am damn proud of her.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
That's awsome. I have just recently shooting clays my self and have drasticly improved over a few visits to the range. But that's with 12g. I couldn't hit anything till there was a bottom to my pit. Now I'm shooting 2-4 hand thrown in a go.

dennishoddy

Damm! I'm jealous! Wish I could talk my wife into buying a gun. Sounds like she has some natural talent. Keep up the good work :D

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
i have to say i am pretty lucky. she asked me today if we could go shooting but unfortunatly i have to sleep. and for natural talent i would have to say so. i already know she can outshoot me with a shotty after only 2 hours of practice.

Latest posts