The Price of Craftsmanship

Sculptor

Fanatic
Just got an email from a client I made a set of grips for some years ago. He just wanted to let me know he "will always cherish them". It's been a few years since I've made grips, and his thoughtfulness to reach out after that much time touched me deeply. Craftsmen who ply their trade with heart, don't do it for money. They trade their art for the clients smile; the money's necessary, but it's really just a tip.

There are a lot of excellent craftsmen out there; men and women who imbue their art with soul. When you have the privilege of acquiring such a piece, be sure you truly pay them. Consider sparing a moment today to reach out to someone with heartfelt gratitude. It will bless you both and leave the world a better place.

And yeah, you better tip them as well.

Brian Challis

Last edited:

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Just got an email from a client I made a set of grips for some years ago. He just wanted to let me know he "will always cherish them.". It's been a few years since I've made grips, and his thoughtfulness to reach out after that much time touched me deeply. Craftsmen who ply their trade with heart, don't do it for money. They trade their art for the clients smile; the money's necessary, but it's really just a tip.

There are a lot of excellent craftsmen out there; men and women who imbue their art with soul. When you have the privilege of acquiring such a piece, be sure you truly pay them. Consider sparing a moment today to reach out to someone with heartfelt gratitude. It will bless you both and leave the world a better place.

Brian Challis
Great advice. I've seen examples of your work. Your grips are outstanding. I've tried to obtain a set for a while. If a set is posted for sale, they are bought almost instantly.

Thanks for coming here and sharing that.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
Just got an email from a client I made a set of grips for some years ago. He just wanted to let me know he "will always cherish them". It's been a few years since I've made grips, and his thoughtfulness to reach out after that much time touched me deeply. Craftsmen who ply their trade with heart, don't do it for money. They trade their art for the clients smile; the money's necessary, but it's really just a tip.

Brian Challis
Hey Brian,
How does one see your work. Funny since I'm looking for a set of wooden grips...

Sculptor

Fanatic
Hey Brian,
How does one see your work. Funny since I'm looking for a set of wooden grips...
Pierre,
I quit making grips a few years ago so there is nothing new to see. You will probably find some pics if you do a google search.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
Pierre,
I quit making grips a few years ago so there is nothing new to see. You will probably find some pics if you do a google search.
Tried several grips for the CZ 75 just didn't have the right feel like the original wooden walnut grips from CZ. Order a set of cocobolo from amazon sent them back...they changed the grip/feel of the gun & they were as slick as snot. Looking at the walnut grips from BH springs solutions, also still waiting for CZ USA to get their walnut grips back in stock.

red442joe

Fanatic
I have made 1911 grips recently.
I like uniquely sourced materials.

Joe

Attachments

• 20230716_172003.jpg
    20230716_172003.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220925-154624_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220925-154624_Gallery.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 0