The jury has spoken

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Link.
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-pharmacist-found-guilty-of-murder/article/3571542?custom_click=lead_story_title

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Well at least one thug isn't gonna hurt anyone else. I couldn't convict him because I have never been in his situation. The adrenaline I get from the buzzer I'm a match makes you forget and do stupid things. I can only imagine what a gun in the face would Do to me.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll have to go with Mike's statement about responsibilities. I hate to see him spend the rest of his life in prison, but I really have a hard time disagreeing with the verdict either. It's just a bad situation. That said I might have done the same thing.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Give him a ****ing award and those other two pieces of **** the chair. He didn't do the right thing but he didn't put himself in that situation. But that is just my opinion.

Eellis

Well-Known Fanatic
Man he should have played pro football and maybe he would be off Scott free!

okie-carbine

Well-Known Fanatic
i dont think any of us know all the details of the case. all we hear is that these punks came in to rob him, he defended himself very well, and now he gets the shaft.

im sure if we were at the trial and heard the evidence and were on the jury, it could be a whole different situation and outlook on the case.

my opinion: this case stinks to high heaven. i think that dead is dead. just because he went and put more rounds in the punk, he aint gonna get no deader. well hell, maybe he was twitching or something.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
i dont think any of us know all the details of the case. all we hear is that these punks came in to rob him, he defended himself very well, and now he gets the shaft.

im sure if we were at the trial and heard the evidence and were on the jury, it could be a whole different situation and outlook on the case.

my opinion: this case stinks to high heaven. i think that dead is dead. just because he went and put more rounds in the punk, he aint gonna get no deader. well hell, maybe he was twitching or something.

You said it better than I did. I do hope they take it easy on him with the sentencing, if that's even possible. This whole deal sucks in my opinion.

SteveS

Well-Known Fanatic
IMO Manslaughter should have been the worst. Fear and Adrenaline can cause an overreaction. Adrenaline starts in less than a second and can take minutes and even longer to calm down from its effects.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/threat-management/201001/adrenaline-rushes-can-they-help-us-deal-real-crisis

"Situational awareness is especially important in situations where the information flow can be quite high and poor decisions may lead to serious consequences."

"With a big hit of adrenaline, we tend to lose situational awareness. Our brains perceive danger and prepare us for "fight or flight." We lose our peripheral vision and focus on what is right in front of us. Our brain works to filter out any sound extraneous to the direct threat (auditory exclusion). We hyperventilate or hold our breaths. In some instances, this is exactly what we need to get out of harm's way, but in many intense situations, we need to be able to think clearly, hear what people around us are saying, breathe deeply to send oxygen to our brains, and act effectively to be able to survive the situation or master the skill we are learning."

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman

The video was run a large number of times, and some of us bothered to watch it. It's a very important video, quite frankly. That kid got what he had coming, and that was murder. Murder happens to be illegal.

The kid died from the secondary barrage of gunshots being unloaded into his torso, by the way. It's interesting that these little facts seem to be so elusive.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
The thing I have the biggest problem with is FIRST DEGREE MURDER!

He might have done some things wrong but FIRST DEGREE MURDER? NO.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
i am not going to say what my opinion is, but i will say this. I think what really hurt him was the fact that in court they showed he lied about A LOT of stuff, not the types of lies you tell women when you say "you don't look fat in that", but lying to police officers and lying about being in a war.... what i am saying is that they were able to "draw" a picture of a non-trustworthy guy (not saying it is right or wrong just stating facts), instead of a humble honest person that was just caught up in the moment......

SteveS

Well-Known Fanatic
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
Chapter 24
Section 701.7 - Murder in the First Degree

A. A person commits murder in the first degree when that person unlawfully and with malice aforethought causes the death of another human being. Malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take away the life of a human being, which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof.B. A person also commits the crime of murder in the first degree, regardless of malice, when that person or any other person takes the life of a human being during, or if the death of a human being results from, the commission or attempted commission of murder of another person, shooting or discharge of a firearm or crossbow with intent to kill, intentional discharge of a firearm or other deadly weapon into any dwelling or building as provided in Section 1289.17A of this title, forcible rape, robbery with a dangerous weapon, kidnapping, escape from lawful custody, first degree burglary, first degree arson, unlawful distributing or dispensing of controlled dangerous substances, or trafficking in illegal drugs.C. A person commits murder in the first degree when the death of a child results from the willful or malicious injuring, torturing, maiming or using of unreasonable force by said person or who shall willfully cause, procure or permit any of said acts to be done upon the child pursuant to Section 7115 of Title 10 of the Oklahoma Statutes. It is sufficient for the crime of murder in the first degree that the person either willfully tortured or used unreasonable force upon the child or maliciously injured or maimed the child.D. A person commits murder in the first degree when that person unlawfully and with malice aforethought solicits another person or persons to cause the death of a human being in furtherance of unlawfully manufacturing, distributing or dispensing controlled dangerous substances, as defined in the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Act, unlawfully possessing with intent to distribute or dispense controlled dangerous substances, or trafficking in illegal drugs. E. A person commits murder in the first degree when that person intentionally causes the death of a law enforcement officer or correctional officer while the officer is in the performance of official duties.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/malice+aforethought

malice aforethought n. 1) the conscious intent to cause death or great bodily harm to another person before a person commits the crime.

Latest posts