The economy from your trashman's POV

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
They do recycling where I live, but only pick up every two weeks.
I drink beer in the bottle. My recycling bin weighs a metric crap ton when they come get it
recycle toter.jpg
The one with the green lid is for recycle. It holds 96 gallons, or 1/2 a cubic yard (.48 is close enough) Had one HOA where each house had two of those full every week. Recycle that is. Wine and beer bottles, and never, ever any of the cheap stuff.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
View attachment 3222
The one with the green lid is for recycle. It holds 96 gallons, or 1/2 a cubic yard (.48 is close enough) Had one HOA where each house had two of those full every week. Recycle that is. Wine and beer bottles, and never, ever any of the cheap stuff.
I always wonder how many of the bottles break. They pick them up with a robot arm around here.

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I always wonder how many of the bottles break. They pick them up with a robot arm around here.
Breakage matters not. All the glass is ground and then re-melted to be re-used. In colored bottles of course. FYI, those arms are controlled by the driver via a joystick in cab.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
They do recycling where I live, but only pick up every two weeks.
I drink beer in the bottle. My recycling bin weighs a metric crap ton when they come get it
we recycle then watch the trashman throw the garbage and the recycling into the same truck

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
View attachment 3222

seems like you are the NSA of trash. never thought I would be judged by my refuse but there ya have it folks--you are

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
we recycle then watch the trashman throw the garbage and the recycling into the same truck
Depending upon the company picking up the trash and recycle it could be a truck like this.Refuse_SplitBody_A-RL5244.jpg
Small side for recycle, large side for trash. There are side load and top load versions as well.

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
seems like you are the NSA of trash. never thought I would be judged by my refuse but there ya have it folks--you are
Your trash can tell your life's story. Why do you think the local PD asks us to hold the trash from a specific address for them? I once congratulated a guy about their new baby. He was astounded to learn that the boxes for the new crib, diapers, and formula containers were 'tells'.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Depending upon the company picking up the trash and recycle it could be a truck like this.View attachment 3240
Small side for recycle, large side for trash. There are side load and top load versions as well.
I wish. I wanted to do the right thing ..then I saw a regular truck picking up all of my trash--recyclable and true trash.. what BS

if they ever allow recycling paper towels--they could get rich off of what Mrs Boatdoc uses

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Your trash can tell your life's story. Why do you think the local PD asks us to hold the trash from a specific address for them? I once congratulated a guy about their new baby. He was astounded to learn that the boxes for the new crib, diapers, and formula containers were 'tells'.
we throw away garbage cans of paper towels,lots of cat litter, animal food cans and junk mail( yeah I still recycle but I know it is a waste of time in my area--old habits die hard)..what doe s that tell you? ...we have pets and keep a clean home? or I am a very strange person who buys guns and eats pet food?

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
Breakage matters not. All the glass is ground and then re-melted to be re-used. In colored bottles of course. FYI, those arms are controlled by the driver via a joystick in cab.

The azzhats in my county just banned glass from the recycling bins. Only cardboard, steel cans and plastic.

I buy food and drink in glass over plastic whenever possible.