The Defensive Shooting Academy TDSA Tulsa Advance Combat Pistol Level 1

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Jesse Tischauser said:
Post it on here too. There is a spot on the TDSA forum.
That is how this thread started.

I am game for a BoomerShooter Class. I won't win big checks by leaving my finger in my nose. And AP1 would be great again, or even a carbine class.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Shane P said:
Ha, I just looked at the pics from the class...One picture caption "There's Shane picking his nose", the very next "And now he's touching his wiener".
Ewwwwww, without even washing your hands.....what'er you some kinda uncivilized animal or somethin'.

stan686

Well-Known Fanatic
It looks like a good afternoon for some practice...... ATTACK, LIFT, MEET, EXTEND. SLACK OUT, press, press, press, BANG SLACK OUT! Hard focus on that front sight!

So much to work on.....

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
So my advice to anyone who takes this class in the future is to take good notes. You get a lot of information over 2 days of class, so much that it's not humanly possible to retain all of it unless you review it later.

Recently I've been trying to change how I reload because my reloads are slooooow and I want to make sure I'm doing them right before I start practicing them for real real. I was trying to figure out how far to bring the gun in; today I re-read my notes from ACP1 and it turns out this was covered in the class and I'd just forgotten about it.

I think there's also some cognitive science that says that taking notes makes it easier to absorb and retain information. Bonus!

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Brian K said:
Sounds like everyone had a good time despite the weather. Looking forward to next month. Judging from the pics I saw on Facebook I may feel out of place since I wont be shooting a plastic gun out of competition gear.
Still with that Accurate Iron 1991 Colt? Show the naysayers wrong....

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
What I saw of the class...........ya'll were doing fantastic!!! Marshall is awesome and always has a strong team with him!!

Ipsilateral

Well-Known Fanatic
What I saw of the class...........ya'll were doing fantastic!!! Marshall is awesome and always has a strong team with him!!

Thanks for letting Megan see a grip reduced glock. She's not quite ready I give up on her CZ and is looking and trigger pull reduction kits but still may have to go with a springfield or glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
JHenderson said:
What I saw of the class...........ya'll were doing fantastic!!! Marshall is awesome and always has a strong team with him!! Thanks for letting Megan see a grip reduced glock. She's not quite ready I give up on her CZ and is looking and trigger pull reduction kits but still may have to go with a springfield or glock. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure thing!! I've went through several trying to get the right fit! I started with an XDM 5.25--but the aggressive grip tore my hands up in classes--my girl friend took a Givens class and had tape all over her hands on the first day--needless to say she got rid of hers too lol!! If it fits I'd suggest getting someone to smooth the factory grip up unless she can handle it. Good luck :)

Bryan Hoover

Day 1 done! 900 rds down range. Marshall, Mike, Jay and Jeremy are all great instructors!! This is a must have course for anybody that wants to improve their pistol skills.

Latest posts