The Defensive Shooting Academy TDSA Tulsa Advance Combat Pistol Level 1

Serenity

Fanatic
I'm not seeing Marshall's quote of the day yet ....

Morning guys, who is exited for today's class?!?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 0

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
Sounds like everyone had a good time despite the weather. Looking forward to next month. Judging from the pics I saw on Facebook I may feel out of place since I wont be shooting a plastic gun out of competition gear.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Brian K said:
I may feel out of place since I wont be shooting a plastic gun out of competition gear.

Matt Rigsby said:
Just don't take a 1911 and you'll be fine.

Brian K said:
Well guess I'm out of luck then!
Take it and a big jug of oil to keep it wet. I would like to take this class again with my 1911 because I think I need to learn to run it more proficiently.

It takes a lot to keep some 1911's running for that many rounds with no maintenance

I's be more worried about the holster. I wouldn't want to use my current IWB leather 1911 holster in this class. Kydex is king for holstering and re-holstering as many times as you will diuring this class. My 1911 is going to get a new Kydex wrap this week

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Like Burk said. Keep it wet, and use a holster that you can get the gun into without assistance and out of without effort.
And without looking for it. Know where it is on your body.

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
Take it and a big jug of oil to keep it wet. I would like to take this class again with my 1911 because I think I need to learn to run it more proficiently.

It takes a lot to keep some 1911's running for that many rounds with no maintenance

I's be more worried about the holster. I wouldn't want to use my current IWB leather 1911 holster in this class. Kydex is king for holstering and re-holstering as many times as you will diuring this class. My 1911 is going to get a new Kydex wrap this week
Ill have a quart of Mobil 1 in my range bag. For my holster Im planning on using my leather Tucker OWBs since thats what I carry, Have one for both my 5" Kimber and Commander sized Colt. I'm bringing both pistols just incase I have any issues.

stan686

Well-Known Fanatic
Even though the weather didn't cooperate very well, it was still a very good training weekend.

Another thing to make sure you have in your range bag, plenty of Advil. You will find muscles in your fingers, hands and arms that you forgot you had.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Not a thing wrong with taking a 1911 to this class. There were a couple in my class and one of them was one of the compacts. I don't recall either one of them having an issue running, but 1500 rounds of .45 in a weekend is no small feat especially in a 3" 1911.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Scott Hearn said:
Not a thing wrong with taking a 1911 to this class. There were a couple in my class and one of them was one of the compacts. I don't recall either one of them having an issue running, but 1500 rounds of .45 in a weekend is no small feat especially in a 3" 1911.
Absolutely true, Scotty. However, out of the 4 in our class, 2 of them puked down their leg during the pre-test. Ironically one of the instructors carried one and shot it the entire class. The irony was that his first shot "fired", DIDN'T. Except I think that was ammo related

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Brian K said:
Burk did you guys stay up there or drive back to OKC saturday night?
No effin way I was driving back and forth. Especially after that first day of shooting until dark. Get a motel or you will be trashed on day 2

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
What was your guys round count for the weekend? I have 1500 loaded for this class wasn't sure if I need to get another 500 or not.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
That will be fine. We shot way less because we got mostly rained out the second day. I only took about 1200 and I would have been fine even if we would have shot all day

Burk Cornelius said:
Absolutely true, Scotty. However, out of the 4 in our class, 2 of them puked down their leg during the pre-test. Ironically one of the instructors carried one and shot it the entire class. The irony was that his first shot "fired", DIDN'T. Except I think that was ammo related
Brian K said:
Ill have a quart of Mobil 1 in my range bag. For my holster Im planning on using my leather Tucker OWBs since thats what I carry, Have one for both my 5" Kimber and Commander sized Colt. I'm bringing both pistols just incase I have any issues.
the only issue will be the pounding youll take relative to 9mm. Not a big deal, you can handle it.

Latest posts