The 2nd Amendment Is Misunderstood.....

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
....and it chafes my azz. Liberals and some dumbazz RINO's do not read the 2nd Amendment correctly. Honestly, I don't know many or any that do. So, I thought I would take the time to write this. I am a history lover, especially as it relates to our founders. They were the most brilliant group of men that God ever gave breath to.

The 2nd Amendment needs to be read in the context of the time it was written and what our brand new nation had just gone through.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

The Revolutionary War had just been won and it was a bloody fight. The founders had reason to fear a standing army. The British army had just been unleashed on them. These were their own countrymen at the time! Of course, we know the rest of that story. Hence, the first 13 words of the 2nd Amendment. The founders were acknowledging the necessity of a free state to maintain a well regulated militia and that meant regulated by the people. Many nations had turned their Army on their own people in history at that time.

Thus, recognizing the necessity and the danger of a standing army and the possibility of a tyrannical government, the founders acknowledged the God given right of the people of our nation to have the implements necessary to defend ourselves from tyranny with the next 14 words.

The 2nd Amendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting or target shooting! It is solely written to acknowledge the peoples right to be in control and to have the implements to enforce that control over the militia and the government!

We The People.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
You are 1 million percent spot on!
It is also the only amendment that states it can not be interpreted any other way!! AND yes they specifically meant so called "weapons of war"!!!!

Angers me to no end when the dumbass liberal and leftists say it applies to muskets! Then the first only applies to the inkwell and quills! Stupid and ignant is the only reason for such thought processes.

This clip NEVER gets old!

Last edited:

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Some of this "confusion" comes from the NRA and others previous arguments of guns as related to target sports and hunting. That argument was made to distance themselves from an offensive need for firearms.

I do completely agree, to an extent. They aren't misunderstanding, they are twisting the wording to allow it to fit their agenda.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Thus, recognizing the necessity and the danger of a standing army and the possibility of a tyrannical government, the founders acknowledged the God given right of the people of our nation to have the implements necessary to defend ourselves from tyranny with the next 14 words.

So simple for any educated Christian to understand.
God, Family, Country in that order.

If we look at the simple truth not just the words, it's clear that any animal will tear into a threat to protect their family or their own lives.
I am an animal here in this physical world, & have great savagery when I fight, some call it loosing the animal, others call it at any cost.

Where did that instinct come from? Just the desire to protect your family. To survive at any cost?
Why not admit that just as we have free will, yep even now. You have read it's due to our Creator
that we have all the non wild animal social traits we have as humans.

Since the lesser powered Federal, State, & Local Governments pale in comparison to God.
I do not see a bunch of WOKE Piss ants usurping that promise of free will or of
protecting my family or myself, I have been given by God!

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Absolutely!!! The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting or with shooting sports. It is written to insure Americans have the means of protection from tyranical govts. Forcing THEIR will on Americans. By placing it 2nd, they showed just how important it IS to our freedom. Most liberals read it incorrectly and do not use the commas correctly. Yes, twisting its intent
Thank you CE, this should be taught in all schools

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
A lot of confusion comes from the repeated lies coming from the left . They repeat lies and indoctrinate the young . " You don't need a weapon of war to hunt " , " An AR is too powerful for hunting " (What a joke ") . " Founding fathers meant the army " . " Times change , constitution no longer relevant " , " Constitution is a changing document "." May have to give up some rights to be safe ". All these lies have been repeated especially in our schools , this is what we're dealing with .

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Some of this "confusion" comes from the NRA and others previous arguments of guns as related to target sports and hunting. That argument was made to distance themselves from an offensive need for firearms.

I do completely agree, to an extent. They aren't misunderstanding, they are twisting the wording to allow it to fit their agenda.
I say they are shredding the entire Constitution especially 1st and 2nd amendment. Eternal vigilance is required, this is not an option. The abuse and neglect of our Constitution needs to end NOW.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
The left equates the AR-15 as a weapon of war. The Founders used the same weapons that the British used to defeat them. So I guess using that logic; Muskets=weapon of war so they should have been outlawed. The current occupant of the White House has already stated in a speech that the Constitution is a "CONCEPT" and as times change so should its interpretation.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
The left equates the AR-15 as a weapon of war. The Founders used the same weapons that the British used to defeat them. So I guess using that logic; Muskets=weapon of war so they should have been outlawed. The current occupant of the White House has already stated in a speech that the Constitution is a "CONCEPT" and as times change so should its interpretation.
That idiot wouldn't recognize the Constitution if someone showed it to him.