Thank you!

helo86

New Fanatic
Blackbeard, thanks for reaching out and making one feel welcome.

I am a refugee from the FB page....which if conventional wisdom is in fact true...could be working on borrowed time.

Long time gun owner, always had a soft spot for the 1911, since qualifying Expert at 17 yrs of age in the US Navy as part of Plebe Summer at the US Naval Academy.
Long time ago....having my 35th reunion this year...

Have long enjoyed generally un-molested WWII weapons, of all the nations, and in fact, have done a decent job in collecting them.
Of course, the 1911....stands proud as a member of that grouping.

Active range gun...take it every time....is a Para Expert. Have become very comfortable with it.

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome. Great to be here.

R/ Art

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from the Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of NC.

Seems like you found the right spot, we are always looking for a few great Americans for our new friends. ;)
Your taste in Military Firearms shadows my own. :D Good taste Kimosabe :eek: 1911s, M1s, M14s, M24s, 1903A1, M60s etc. etc. etc.

38-hero.jpg

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome Art
These guys always have the coffee on Navy style. Can stand a spoon up in it
True but I was raised US Army then by surprise I joined the US Navy & the Milk bars ice cream we got in Basic Yummm!
My Folks perked that JOE until it ate the Spoon if you left it in the cup. Soooo I wonder. About coffee. I think it's why I drink Ginsang tea
instead of Java.

Took a ride West on the Enterprise, the flat top not the star Ship LOL. All I can say is US Navy Chow beat he!! out of the powdered stuff
we got growing up. Go Army, Go Navy yep I'm conflicted :oops: when it comes to both.

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
On our '03 desert trip, we had a big multi function circus tent. Imagine a small town doing everything at the community center.
We initially had hot water kettles and instsnt coffee. Oh the complaints. We told them to be carefull what they wished for. However, brewed coffee took the instants place. The people who ran the chow hall after it moved out of the circus tent weren't coffee drinkers, or at least self proclaimed professionals.
The coffee going forward was always stale and burned. We ended up with coffee pots all over the place in work center and billet tents. Not the safest thing, but got by.
Moral of the story. Coffee mis management is a safety hazard and morale killer.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

I am a refugee from the FB page....which if conventional wisdom is in fact true...could be working on borrowed time.

Long time gun owner, always had a soft spot for the 1911, since qualifying Expert at 17 yrs of age in the US Navy as part of Plebe Summer at the US Naval Academy.

Have long enjoyed generally un-molested WWII weapons, of all the nations, and in fact, have done a decent job in collecting them.

Active range gun...take it every time....is a Para Expert. Have become very comfortable with it.

R/ Art
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from the Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of NC.

Seems like you found the right spot, we are always looking for a few great Americans for our new friends. ;)
Your taste in Military Firearms shadows my own. :D Good taste Kimosabe :eek: 1911s, M1s, M14s, M24s, 1903A1, M60s etc. etc. etc.

View attachment 8067
Dang...picture makes me want to throw on a 3-day pack and take a walk for a couple of days...just a little mental R&R.

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome Art
These guys always have the coffee on Navy style. Can stand a spoon up in it
I must agree...I own(ed) a white ceramic ships' cup (no handle, in the real Navy at sea anywhere cold, you wrap your hands around the cup to keep 'em warm from the heat of the coffee...no YETI's back in the day) and this one had been "seasoned" over 15 years...seasoning recipe: NEVER let anyone wash the inside of your coffee cup, just spill out what you don't drink and put it away. The old saying was, if your cup was so black with coffee staining on the inside, if you ever ran out of coffee grounds you could fill the cup with hot water and let it sit for a minute and it would be a poor man's cup-o-coffee but better than not having a taste of coffee in the a.m./p.m./Midwatch. That cup died a warriors death with the sounds of a woman wailing and crying over its' shattered body the last thing it heard!
My fault, I had put really hot coffee in it and letting it cool, when my wife came in to take a sip (no handle remember?) before I could warn her. A tiny part of my soul died that day lol... discovered those YETI coffee/whiskey cups with mag lids rock, and the stainless is getting a real dark patina, gotta couple years before I test it...

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic

R/ Art
Happy you're here. Thank you for youe service.

Latest posts