Texting ?

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
vQHj9GU.jpg

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
I was not, but maybe the more the mystery...maybe the more the impact.

Kids see their parents doing this now days,
Kids see the people in the car beside them at a traffic light doing this,
Kids see people driving down Hefner Speedway, I mean Parkway, I-40, I-35 and on.
So what do we think the kids are going to do when they can drive?
You don't need 3 guesses for that one.

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
Won't make any difference with kids.
They think it happens to other kids. Ain't never gonna happen to them cuz they are great drivers.
Well...there is that.
If they keep doing this they will keep getting this.
They say we learn from our mistakes.
It is a shame we have to experience the side effect of texting and driving before it hits home how easy it is to mess up.
Then it becomes more clear how un-safe this is.
All you or the other guy has to do is walk away from this to learn.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
A few days ago I was at a stoplight, four-lane road, and needing to turn left. I had the left-turn-yield-on-green light, so I was waiting for the other drivers to go. There were two cars, one in each lane, and both were texting so they had no idea that the light had changed. I waited about ten seconds before going ahead and turning. They seemed to notice that, and began driving after I left the intersection. Never had that happen before!

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
One of the great things about driving a standard is that I couldn't text and drive even if I wanted to.

Also after seeing a very thorough presentation by a LE traffic accident reconstructionist on why & how texting causes accidents, any temptation to try texting and driving that I might have had before is gone now.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Watched a gal blast right through a red light the other day. What was she looking at? Her freaking phone! Light went red BEFORE she got to it and I don't think she even knew, I wonder if she even knew she went through an intersection? Sometimes I wish I were a cop, but I'd need a semi trailer to haul the ticket forms around with me.

Latest posts