Texas Star

dennishoddy

I've watched tons of video's, and match drawings. All show the Star with one plate at the 12 o'clock position.

When I reset the star at our matches, I make sure they are at the 11 and 1 o'clock, so that its going to start swinging no matter how fast you are.

Is there a rule for the star about position of the plates?? Just curious.

dennishoddy

Shouldn't matter what position they start in, as long as it's the same for all shooters.

True, but when different people reset the star at different times, I've seen it with one at the 12 and other times at the 11 and 1.
Just wondering if there is a rule?

scooterj

Well-Known Fanatic
The few stars that I have set will find their own center if the plates are put back on the same arms.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
The stars I see are all a little different, but they usually have a mark of some sort that can be used to reset them the same way every time. They usually seem to only want to balance at one posisiton, Scooterj is right though, as long as the prop gets reset the same way for everyone it's all good.

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
Most stars the I have shoot and reset usually find their own centers as well. Sometimes people put weights on one arm, then that arm with move to the 6 o'clock position and rest there.

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
True, but when different people reset the star at different times, I've seen it with one at the 12 and other times at the 11 and 1.
That's why some folks think that they should not be a legal target.

Bk2X

Well-Known Fanatic
Long as it is not like Tri City and start the stage with the damn thing spinning from setting plates from prior shooter.

Rodshoot

Well-Known Fanatic
I guess you'd really freak at starting one plate at 6 o'clock and using no-shoots to block the others?
It made for some interesting scoring, and the noise (whining) was deafening at a USPSA shoot......
It's not a disappearing target, since the weight will always bring the remaining plate(s) down.
But when the wheel gets going about 30mph...........the no shoots are in danger.

Latest posts