Team Sig Disbanded

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I saw a few comments about team Sig Sauer getting shut down but I couldn't find any real info.

Anybody hear anything?

jtischauser

Damn that's a bummer! SIG has been growing like crazy. I was really excited to see one of the industry giants getting more and more involved in competitive shooting.

jtischauser

Bryan Hoover said:
All about ROI
I'm sure it was. The fact of the matter is that they probably could keep most of those shooters in those jerseys for zero out of pocket $.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Sig has been spending a butt load of money in other parts of their industry (suppresors, MPX, special edition pistols, scopes, red dots, ammo) and probably doesn't want to spare anymore for a shooting team.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
They weren't getting paid, but they were getting projectiles. Enough to use for major matches and a small-to-moderate amount of practice. Bruce Gray's work was free. Not sure about guns. 30-odd Sig P320s isn't much money anyway, especially since the guns would be given up at cost, probably $100-160 to manufacture.

Bruce is going to continue on sponsoring some of these folks according to some veiled comments he made.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Matt Rigsby said:
Sig has been spending a butt load of money in other parts of their industry (suppresors, MPX, special edition pistols, scopes, red dots, ammo) and probably doesn't want to spare anymore for a shooting team.

Would be nice if they could get those cans out to market. Totally missed the 41F buying spree. Sig Suppressors are about as consistant as Keltec on getting stuff out the door.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Adam Balzer (ChargerArms) said:
Would be nice if they could get those cans out to market. Totally missed the 41F buying spree. Sig Suppressors are about as consistant as Keltec on getting stuff out the door.
Ok machine gun/Cold hand arms inside Wilshire guns has a few on hand. I'm sure you could get them to form 3 one to you if you wanted it.

Jesse Tischauser said:
Damn that's a bummer! SIG has been growing like crazy. I was really excited to see one of the industry giants getting more and more involved in competitive shooting.
SIG has now disappointed me for the first time. Their lack of honor is surprising. I like my SIG handguns, but will shy away from other products that they produce in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Tapatalk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Honorablehojutsu said:
SIG has now disappointed me for the first time. Their lack of honor is surprising. I like my SIG handguns, but will shy away from other products that they produce in the future.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Tapatalk
Sig has been disappointing a lot of people lately. They keep changing their product line around and don't offer the extra parts or accessories they promise from the beginning.

I was looking real hard at their titanium 5.56 suppressor but decided to go with silencerco instead. I'm glad I did with the way they're being on the other products.

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
Sig has been jerking people around with their line of long guns. They bring out a model, make promises, then drop the line and no longer support it with parts or warranty.

My first experience with a Sig rifle was a 556 Classic. I still have it. Probably the best rifle I have. Not long after I got it Sig dropped the classic and all parts and support and the 556xi came out. The xi was supposed to be able to change barrels and calibers with little effort. Never happened. The line was dropped and the MCX and MPX came out. Sig victims have been waiting to see when this line will cease to exist.

jtischauser

Larry Rigsby said:
Sig has been jerking people around with their line of long guns. They bring out a model, make promises, then drop the line and no longer support it with parts or warranty.

My first experience with a Sig rifle was a 556 Classic. I still have it. Probably the best rifle I have. Not long after I got it Sig dropped the classic and all parts and support and the 556xi came out. The xi was supposed to be able to change barrels and calibers with little effort. Never happened. The line was dropped and the MCX and MPX came out. Sig victims have been waiting to see when this line will cease to exist.
Seems like they are growing a little too fast for their own good. They introduced Ammo, rifles, suppressors, all in like a 3-5 year window. What's next a shotgun???

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I saw Max Michel giving out handies at 13th and MLK. Woundn't take cash, only rocks.

Latest posts