Team Members - Introduce Yourself

Rockon71385

Founding Member
This thread will be for new members to introduce themselves to the rest of the club and for people to welcome them. It's hard to get to know people and connect names with faces when we're only on the range for a few hours a week and we spend most of that time shooting. Post a little bit about yourself here include a picture if you want.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
I'm Robbie. I grew up in Stillwater, and I did a lot of hunting and fishing with my Dad. I went to OSU after high school and spent 4 years making decent grades and trying to figure out what I wanted to study. After taking a few years off to work I came back and finished a liberal arts degree in 2010, then spent the new several years fixing cars and managing a repair shop. I started shooting competitions with my Dad in 2008 and spent several shooting seasons training extremely hard with nightly dry fire sessions and focused weekly live fire sessions. I've won a handful of trophies in C,B, and A class shooting in regional and state level matches, and I just made Master class a couple weeks ago. In January 2016 I decided to go back to OSU and pursue a degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology. Captain Beaty asked me to come out and work with the shooting team in the Fall of 2016, and the team was nice enough to appoint me the coach. I'm not a pro shooter, but I've spent several years of hard work developing skills and I love to teach people how to shoot. If you take what I teach you on the range and spend the time to practice it until it's automatic, I can promise you that you will see dramatic improvement in your match results. I'm having a blast working with you guys, and I'm insanely proud of the progress you're making. Keep it up!

View attachment 12212

This is from a TDSA carbine class I took last summer.

Attachments

• DSC06471.jpg
    DSC06471.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC06471.jpg
    DSC06471.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 0

AlannaC

New Fanatic
Ayyy I'm Alanna! I really like no-bake cookies :nyam: and I am a masters student in civil engineering. I grew up an army brat but didn't touch a gun until I was 20 and instantly fell in love. Before joining the team, I had only been out to shoot pistols three times. So I am definitely learning a lot of new and useful information with y'all.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
1. Robbie s dad is bad ass
2. I am glad you guys are here
3. I am an OSU Grad (long time ago)
4. I hope I don't get banned for posting here.

posted via Tapatalk

BenM

Fanatic
Get out Burk! This is our crib. But really thanks for the forum. We promise not to trash the rest of the site.

I'm Ben, I'm currently Treasurer of the PST. If all goes according to plan I'll be graduating in May of 18 with a Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering degree. Most of you guys haven't seen me much this semester because I have class smack in the middle of practice, but I'm still working hard on club business and trying to make it to matches.

I've been shooting since I was 5, shooting competitively since 2015 when I ran in the Pawnee Run and Gun. Joined this group that fall and now I'm D-Class in Production. My CZ is my baby and I enjoy building ARs.
EQ49pij.jpg

RocksNGlocks

New Fanatic
Hey guys this is Josh York. I grew up in scouts loving the outdoors and was aquanted with guns at an early age but hadn't really had much practice until I figured out how much I love it. I am a masters student studying geology, hence I love rocks, and I am a self proclaimed Glock fanboy (the first step is admitting it), but I don't descriminate. I also love no bake cookies. 😉

Crypticscribbles

New Fanatic
I am Laramie Frank. I spent most of my life on a farm just outside of stillwater and I've been very interested in guns since I was little. Before joining the team I preferred to work on guns rather than shoot them and now I enjoy doing both ðŸ™'. Before college I did sporting clays in 4h and FFA. If you go to practice I'm the kid walking around in grandpa shoes.... I also enjoy no bake cookies.

John Beaty

New Fanatic
I'm John Beaty. I grew up in Arlington Texas, went to college at Tarleton State University, and joined the active military as an Engineer with a Sapper unit. Was in active duty and transfered over to the Oklahoma Army National Guard. I have been an Assistant Professor of Military Science at OSU for several years. During that time I realized Cadets were joining the military and had never handled a pistol. Discovered that there was a nonfunctional club for practical shooting at OSU and had my Cadets reinitiate, and me becoming the advisor. Since then we have grown from 5 Cadets to 45 students. Of those 45 students about half are Cadets, the rest are students of the University. Making the club the only collegiate shooting team in the state of Oklahoma. This has been a labor of love for me and the club keeps growing every semester. This past year has been the biggest leap of growth and participation. I give this credit to the individuals we have reached out to for guidance and mentorship, and thank you for everything.

Special thanks to: Robbie and Lonnie for all your time and mentorship with the students. Jesse Tischauser for mentorship with social media and branding. Landon Rogers and the Rogers family for Camo Corner and letting us have our own shooting range for practice. David Sloan and being there to help me in the beginning.

Eddy Crosby

New Fanatic
I am Eddy Crosby, I grew up in Oklahoma City and Crescent Oklahoma. I joined the army (infantry) right after high school and have been in ever since (17 1/2 years). I am one of the advisors to the club and have enjoyed it a lot. I have been shooting guns (mostly rifle and shotgun, some pistol) recreationally since I was a kid, and it's my job to shoot in the military. I enjoy teaching what I can to the kids in this club and hope to keep it fun for all that come out.

Latest posts