TDSA's Advanced Combat Pistol Level I - March 9-10

Hey shooters. Hope everybody is lining out their 2013 shooting schedule. Our first big class is going to be March 30-31. It will be our Advanced Combat Pistol Level I. It's been called the best pistol class taught in America by several very well respected shooters! Guys like Michael Chambers, Eric Fuson, Lance Jensen, Michael Cyrwus, Jesse Tischauser and others will tell you this took their pistol shooting to the next level! Here's the great news!!!!! It's going to be held at a world-class shooting facility right here in good ole Tulsa. We are going to be teaching at USSA. Yup, that's right! Pat Oglesbee has been instrumental in getting things worked out for us to be able to start teaching classes there. He's made things so smooth that it just seemed natural. Pat and I have been working together for weeks getting everything squared away for the 2013 shooting season and I couldn't be happier to annouce our new home range location.

Got a few things to let you in on too:
  1. We are going to start allowing .22 cal guns in our classes:
    To help you combat the costs associated with training we are going to start allowing the use of .22 cal ammunition in our Advanced Combat Pistol courses as well as the Competition Pistol class. Shooting .22 cal will save you a lot of money when compared to shooting full power rounds like 9mm, 40 and 45. Ideally, if you can find a conversion kit for your Glock or your 1911, this will allow you to train with the same pistol, use the same trigger and, hopefully, see the same sights. The conversion kits will pay for themselves in a few training sessions so they are worth the money, indeed! Research them before you spend any money on them though. I have read some bad reviews of Tactical Solutions TSG Glock conversion upper. I don’t think I’d buy that one. I have had an Advantage Arms upper for my G17 for years and it’s been ok. We encourage you to shoot your full-power loads for some of the drills but for the drills that are repetitive, being able to shoot .22 cal should cut down on your costs quite a bit.

2. In addition to shooting .22 cal ammo we are going to allow reloads as well. All we ask is that you bring safe, reliable ammunition so we don’t have any accidents or malfunctions that would keep your from being able to train.

3. Last thing. There is no longer a discount for simply being a forum member. There are too many forums out there that people belong to and I don't see the point of offering someone a discount when our prices have been the same for the last 5 years. If you can't justify spending $22 an hour on some of the best training available to you I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you don't realize what it is that you are investing in. I don't know. I think we offer some of the best training out there at reasonable, if not lower, prices than most of our competitors. I've seen 2 and 3 day classes run $600 to $750 and some of those guys can't teach! You will get a ton of one on one instruction at our courses and we always guarantee your satisfaction. I will occasionally run specials that will offer people a discounted rate or some incentive to sign up early. Check out the website to see the rest of the schedule.
Hope to see you on the range!

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
Good call on allowing the 22's. Ammo is going to be a big problem for people wanting to take classes this year.

dennishoddy

TacticalK9 said:
Im signed up and payed for the march class.

Ill be honest, aside from my dads .22 ruger that i shot maybe 10 times over 10 years in a lane at H&H, I never picked up a pistol before my 21st birthday. Ive been shooting in local competitions off and on since December 2011. Ive been developing all the worse habits and its driving me insane. Ive been shooting rifle (mainly rimfire, but more recently center fire) in competition since i was 12 with training from a veteran air force sniper. I have a hell of a game there. I won every junior rifle match ive ever competed in.
I go from that to Ipsc at SCRAP in duncan and i get my ass handed to me. Its a whole different ball game. Im not finishing dead last but im scraping the bottem. On good days Im finishing middle of the pack.

Ive spent almost $8,000 in the past 12 months just on gear and shooting related expenses. This is my passion. I want to be AWESOME!!

I finally have a career that allows me the time to shoot and the means to fund it. I hope to rise (as) a new man after this class.

Sorry Guys. Crown gets me emotional. :D
Not a dammed thing bad about getting emotional with a sport, one enjoys.
Getting emotional creates a desire to excell, so it looks like your on the right path. :fan:

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Pistols hard K9. That sight radius and the crappy triggers require so much more perfection that even the crappiest rifle triggers IMO. I sucked hard on the pistol at first and now I suck less hard. This class reduced the suction significantly. Shoot as much USPSA as you can. It helps a lot.

45recoil

likes to party
Jesse Tischauser said:
I sucked hard on the pistol.
That means two things.

Seriously though, Jesse is spot on.
You'll be a far better shooter after completing this class, and it'll show in your next match.

If the newly crowned GM Mike Chambers gives this class its props to helping him out..its definately worth every penny and every bullet.

Hell I may take it again.

It has been brought to my attention that I scheduled a class over Easter Weekend. I don't know how I could have missed something so important. Please forgive me. I'm going to be moving this class up two weeks. It will be held on March 9-10 now. NOT the 30-31st. Hope this helps to get more people in the class. By the way, I have managed to get my hands on some 9mm ammo too. It's a little bit more than what I normally pay for it but I'll take what I can get at the moment in order to be able to help my students out. If you are enrolled in a class and need 9mm ammo I have 6 cases (1000 rounds) available for $350 a case. I have to limit it to one case per student cause we're going to try to cut back on the number of rounds fired in the class to help curb the costs of training. I really hope this schedule change will allow more people to sign up. I know ammo has been tough to find but now you can't complain too bad if you want to get some training. It's here and time is now.

Sign up for the Advanced Combat Pistol Level I on March 9-10th. You'll be glad you did!!!

Latest posts