TDSA Advanced Competition Pistol Class

PLEASE NOTE: This class is NOT ON THE SCHEDULE as of when this thread was started...4-27-15.

This is my personal thread, not coming direct from Marshall or TDSA...

I am trying to see if we can get enough interested competitive shooters to have a class created this year
I believe there were just a couple short of having a full class last year.

I know there are many of us on Boomer Shooter that have already attended
TDSA's AP-1 and are interested in taking our competition to the next level.

WE NEED 10 CONFIRMED SHOOTERS TO MAKE THE CLASS AT A MINIMUM!!! AP-1 IS A PREREQUISITE TO ATTEND THIS COURSE
$400.00 2 days of training, plus the 20.00 USSA range fee...total of $420.00

Please respond to this thread so we can present the idea to Marshall with interested attendees list.

The course description is posted below from the TDSA website. For more info, please contact Marshall directly...
https://www.tdsatulsa.com/courses.php?course=ACPCOMP

Let's make this happen this year!
Jason Grant
[email protected]

Advanced competition pistol

Classes start at 9 am and go until 6 pm.

This course is designed for people who are interested in improving their competitive shooting skills. Whether you shoot IDPA or USPSA this course is guaranteed to give you the edge needed to get ahead of the competition. Although nothing can take the place of match experience we will teach you how to properly prepare yourself both mentally and physically for the sport. It's crazy to think that people get into shooting sports without having consulted those who have extensive knowledge with equipment issues, rules of the game and years of match experience. If you are new to IDPA or USPSA this class is a must. If you have been shooting competitively for years, what you take from this class will help you get the results you've always wanted, the skills you need to win. We have IDPA State, Regional and National Champions on staff that can help you learn how to diagnose a stage. We have several USPSA Master Class shooters on the team who have years of match experience. Together we can help you develop and training regimen that elevate you to the level of shooter you aspire to be. Even if you just shoot for fun we'll teach you the skills you need to be a safer, more confident shooter. Invest in yourself and learn what it takes to be a WINNER!

You will learn:
•The mental game and how to gain the edge over your competition

•IDPA's and USPSA's scoring system

•Rules of the game

•Shooting techniques including moving and shooting vs. shooting then moving

•Shooting from barricaded positions

•Getting into and out of various shooting positions

•Stance, grip, sight alignment, trigger control (brief synopsis)

•The draw stroke and why the physical extraction of the gun from the holster is viewed as the most important step of the weapon presentation.

•Power factors and what they mean

•Target transitions (both near to far and multiple target engagement)

•How to "read" stages to guarantee you your most efficient performance

•Reloading techniques (what you can and can't do in the different disciplines)

•Standards drills and how to conquer them

•What to do after the class is over to continue your training on your own

You will need:
•Your pistol, magazines and competition gear (holster, mag pouches, etc.)

•Cover garment such as a vest or jacket

•800-1000 rounds of ammo

•Eye and ear protection

•Comfortable clothing and shoes

•A chair to sit on

•Money for lunch, hats, shirts, gear, etc.

•Pencil and paper for taking notes if you wish

No date yet...If we can get a solid list of at least 10, then we can get some options from Marshall. I would expect it to be this fall or late summer. His calendar is full with classes and posted through June right now.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I might be down for this but the summer is conference season so I'd have to see dates.

mike cyrwus said:
you need another AP1, not that class. yet
At about what level should people think about taking this class?

dr poopgiggle said:
when their youtube breaks, or when they stink so bad, they cant get on a squad with some advanced shooters so they can watch them.

i kid. if your training means and resources arent too limited by funds or time, then by all means take it,.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
mike cyrwus said:
or when they stink so bad, they cant get on a squad with some advanced shooters so they can watch them.
I always squad with the yahoos from OKC. Luckily Micah, Mitch, and Luis are all getting pretty good so I can copy off them.

I end up stuck with Burk Cornelius so I need all the help I can get. If this class doesn't come together, I will be attending another round of AP-1. I do realize that I won't get better with any amount of training if I don't practice what I know. I'd just like to know all that I can because watching only goes so far and many times the better shooters don't have time during a match to share tips or just don't share all their secrets.
Hopefully we can put it together

Jason Grant said:
the better shooters don't have time during a match to share tips or just don't share all their secrets.
you just want Mike Pinto to whisper in your ear

So far not so good...I see two posted and a maybe. I've heard a lot of maybes.
Post up if you have any interest in attending this class please

Rockon71385

Founding Member
dr poopgiggle said:
I might be down for this but the summer is conference season so I'd have to see dates.

Once you've got the fundamentals of stance, grip, and trigger control down, you'll be ready for this class. The class spends a lot of time focusing on the finer points efficient movement, match preparation, etc. They also talk a bit about the mental game of putting down a good match performance. I took the class several years ago. The Mackey's and Kelly R did most of the teaching at that time. It was an excellent class and really helped me push forward out of B class.

I just wanted to bring this back to the top for review to see if anyone else is interested in trying to fill this class..we need 10 and we have about 5 or 6 interested at
this point.

I'll be scheduling another round of AP-1 myself when the new class dates are listed unless we can fill this class and get on the schedule with Marshall. I'd guess it would
late summer or fall. He hasn't released the schedule for the remainder of the year yet

Latest posts