Taurus

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
Why are their handguns so under-rated? I used to have a PT-92 and now I have a PT-111 and both have fired flawless since I've had them. I was browsing armslist and everytime I see people looking to trade that always say they will only accept brands like Glock, M&P...I'll take mine up against any of those any day in a head to head. I don't doubt their quality but just because other guns are more affordable doesn't mean they are cheap crap. I love my Millennium Pro and wouldn't trade it...well, maybe, but like I said, I think it's just as good as many of the high-dollar guns.

bilall

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Taurus Model 85 Ultralite SS (.38Sp. +P rated). It is lightweight, easy to handle, easy to carry, and more accurate than I am. For the price, I don't think I could ever beat it.

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
I've had several models from Taurus through the years and never had a problem with any of them. In fact if I didn't need cash at the moment the PT1911 I'm selling wouldn't be for sale, It's ran flawless with everything I've loaded in it.

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
Because the internetz tells us.... I find this mentality rediculous too. Way to may fan boys and vender pushers on others sites. If its not colt, glock, smith and wesson... its junk. Funny thing is you will also find people fall in love with similar guns in the same catigorie for no particular reason ie (rock island armory). I went through this with my first ar-15 purchase. I bought a Stag model 3, found 1000's of post hating it because its not teir one and other post saying good to go. It fit my budget and will get what I need done (punching paper and varmit hunting). What ever If it works it works. What if we thought about the same philosophy with any product... every one would be called sheep and posers for following the crowd (liberal mind set of the gun world as I see it, to much butt hurt over some thing they more than like have never had first hand experience with).

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
I also have the same gripe with my jeep. I don't buy the high-end parts for it but it sure seems to handle off-road driving just as good. Some jeep turds think if you don't spend $300 per tire and get the $1000 rims, you can't do the more complicated trails. Of course, I have proven them wrong to their face but they attribute it to luck. I laugh and walk away, since I know my 20+ years of off-road driving is what gets me over the rocks.

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
kg4kpg said:
I also have the same gripe with my jeep. I don't buy the high-end parts for it but it sure seems to handle off-road driving just as good. Some jeep turds think if you don't spend $300 per tire and get the $1000 rims, you can't do the more complicated trails. Of course, I have proven them wrong to their face but they attribute it to luck. I laugh and walk away, since I know my 20+ years of off-road driving is what gets me over the rocks.

What wait a second you mean I can go to URE or Gulches with out King shocks, metal cloak springs, AEV front and rear bumpers, with a warn wench? I can't believe you would take if off road with out ARB lockers, line-x exterior, and 3,500$ worth of HID lights! :mrgreen:

thebrasilian

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm half Brasilian. We have 3.
605: spurless, ported 357. The wife loves it. Had to send it back once. Found out it was a known issue.
PT 99: Late 90's model. 17 rounds, ss, and no rails. Had to ship it back twice because the adjustable rear sight came apart. Never really liked it and should have it replaced with some thing else.
PT145: This is an awesome gun. Carry it, shoot it...Love the trigger reset on this one.

I will never sell any of them.

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
Taurus guns are perfect for people that want a gun to keep around the house or automobile and seldom shoot, all while saving money by not buying the "name brand" guns that Taurus steals their designs from.

The guns are inferior quality to the guns they copy, however. They are not as durable nor as reliable as the guns they copy. (Beretta, Glock, Smith & Wesson, et al.)

They're fine for what they are: budget guns for people that don't shoot.

But to make the claim that they're "just as good" or "better than".... Anyone that makes that claim had better go look in a mirror and check the slope on their forehead.

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
Well hoss, I shoot plenty. You shoot your ****, I'll shoot mine. Can't comment on yours since I don't know you, but mine shoot just fine with zero malfunctions or defects. Guess the others should have kept better secrets.

Oliver2w1

Well-Known Fanatic
I?ve owned plenty and I?ve shot more. I?ve never had a problem with Taurus workmanship or operation. People can snub their elitist noses at them all they want and I?ll continue to buy them. Before the "I'm smarter than you" crowd enlightens me with their comments, yes I own or have owned Glock, SA, and Sig and plenty other of the expensive, top quality firearms.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a few Taurus handguns. The problem with Taurus is their QC is a sine wave between good and suck, alternating between them in 3-4 year intervals.
My PT1911 has had 5k+ rounds through it and is now a dedicated suppressor host. No issues, probably will need new springs soon solely from round count.
My Raging Bull had an issue with the internals (it locked up while we were dry firing it :shock:). Returned from Taurus within 2 weeks, haven't shot it a lot since then.
My PT92 hasn't gotten past break-in and is solely a 9mm host for my suppressor. No issues other than poor ejecting with standard 115gr 9mm loads.
My PT24/7 Pro .40S&W was my first handgun I bought, it has ~2k rounds through it. No issues other than the weird dead pull in SA mode. Tis a nightstand gun now, with a TLR-1 on it.

Dadillac

Fanatic
Taurus gets a bad rep because of gun snobs who are upset that a gun half the price of their Glock or Sig is just as good. I own a Taurus 809 and a pt111 G2 and they are both flawless through close to a 1000 rounds each. I can outshoot many a Glock on a regular basis, with what the snobs would call an "inferior" gun.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Avtomat-Acolyte said:
Taurus guns are perfect for people that want a gun to keep around the house or automobile and seldom shoot, all while saving money by not buying the "name brand" guns that Taurus steals their designs from.

The guns are inferior quality to the guns they copy, however. They are not as durable nor as reliable as the guns they copy. (Beretta, Glock, Smith & Wesson, et al.)

They're fine for what they are: budget guns for people that don't shoot.

But to make the claim that they're "just as good" or "better than".... Anyone that makes that claim had better go look in a mirror and check the slope on their forehead.
Well stated and true, ask a smith who makes his living repairing handguns (not selling them) what he owns.

Latest posts