Taurus to buy Freedom Group

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Jesse Tischauser said:
I saw a story on channel 5 news out of OKC last night that one of our State legislators is trying to entice Remington to move to OK since they are currently in NY where their products are now illegal. The story was brief but said they were offering no property taxes for 5 years and other tax benefits if they came to OK. I say bring it on!
I saw that too.
This would be great for us & them, especially if the bills about guns made in ok get passed

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Remington was founded in NY in 1816, over a hundred years before the first Federal gun legislation. That's probably why they're in NY.

For companies like Kimber and Bushmaster, maybe it has something to do with the labor pool? Lots of people who know how to make guns to hire away from Remington. Or it could be something entirely different.

dennishoddy

Yeah, I knew they had been there for awhile. Businesses may get decent tax incentives to stay. Still like to see them move here.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Poop, you are a wealth of info. Do you actually know this **** or do you just google it as the topics arise?

I'm always surprised by how many gun related companies are in California as well.

Scott_S

Well-Known Fanatic
Jared Carpenter said:
Remington has a target plant in Ada.
That plant closed down about 8 years ago. I remember visiting it in boyscouts, we all were given a clay target and the troop was given a case of clays for shotgunning.

It would be nice if they came to oklahoma again we would have to make it worth it to them though.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Scott_S said:
It would be nice if they came to oklahoma again we would have to make it worth it to them though.
I'd think that just getting the eff out of NY would be incentive enough :D

Latest posts