Targets & Target Stands

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I've been wanting to put together some target stands. This is basically the idea I have, minus the clays. What you guys think?

47299_132592553453464_100001081618478_179513_3729782_n.jpg

Figure they'd break down easy to store and be light. Staple some cardboard targets on em done!

BTW, where can I get some IDPA or Ameba targets like what we use in matches?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Those stands will need some nails through them with paper targets attached in the OK wind. They tip over really easily.

I buy my targets from target barn but I think shooters sonnection might have them too.

We should do a group buy on targets sometime

Spiff

Semi-Pro
I think the last group buy for targets I was in got them from Shooter's Connection.

I've been thinking about doing some PVC stands and filling them up with sand. Use JB Weld or something to cap the openings for the sticks to keep the sand from getting out. I wonder how much sand you'd need to keep it from getting blown over on a normal day?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Why not use some sack Crete instead of sand?

If you use pvc caps and glue and T's you may be cheaper or close to the same price buying rebar and angle iron and building them out of steel.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
I think sand would be a little easier to do in my limited space. Still doing the apartment thing. I could put it all together on my balcony that way.

Glue is mucho easier! :D

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
MGM has the best price on targets the last time I looked, but the guys at Shooter's Connection were really cool about packing other crap around the heads/shoulders of the targets in the same box. Everything arrived just peachy.

Shipping is the part that sucks, its like $20 to ship 100 targets.