Springfield Armory TARGET PRACTICE THERAPY

BIGDAVE101

Well-Known Fanatic
Was feeling a bit morose.... sometimes happens. Went to an indoor range in Carmel Indiana... shot for 1 hour... therapeutic session accomplished... feel much better! Shot a 1992 (Springfield) Mil spec 1911a1, 150 rounds... perfect, no jams. Then a gen 2 glock 17 purchased in Germany in 1992, 200 rounds, perfect.
Anyone else get a therapeutic intervention lately?

Attachments

• 31300222.jpg
    31300222.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 0

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll admit I always feel better ( w/ attitude improved) after spending time shooting at the range.
Indoor / outdoor, rifle, pistol, even shotguns.. shooting them always seem to improve my mood.

I will say if I forget to bring ammo along for a firearm I want to shoot, or if an issue arises with a firearm, it does dampen my enthusiasm a bit.
The possibility of something going wrong with a firearm when I make a range trip is the reason I always take at least 2 or 3 firearms..so if an issue arises,
I have others to shoot. I always take extra ammo too, so if I can't shoot 1 for some reason, I spend more time shooting the other, or others ;):)

dennishoddy

I rarely shoot indoor ranges, preferring outdoor because of the "safety rules" that indoor ranges have.
I totally agree with their rules as they are designed to protect the rest of the range participants from the occasional idiots out there that think they are Rambo. It's totally a personal choice. Some have no option, and I feel sorry they don't get to experience an outdoor range.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Just returned from the range ( indoor.. ;) ) arrived @ 11:20 p.m. had range to myself.. shot for an hr. +, discovered the 40 S&W load I tried worked well.
Shot 100 rds, no FTF or FTE, good accuracy. Will load a few hundred more with the same charge. Almost NO traffic going to the range, even less on my return.
Stopped to fill up truck with gas, no one @ the station. I like going to the range late @ night.:)

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
No pain is good..

I was disappointed in my shooting initially, was all over the target @ 7 yds. while shooting my Sig GSR Revolution (1911) It's a beautiful 1911, that I rarely shoot. After about 40 rds thru it, I finally got my aim point figured out, & dropped the last 8 rds in the 1" square, where I was trying to put them..I felt better.

Also shooting my Delta Elite w/40 S&W barrel, not too accurately. The Sig 226S (X-5 Target) also in 40 S&W, put a dozen shot in the 1" box from the 1st shot.
Much as I hate to admit it, I shoot it better than most my auto loaders, 1911's included. Seems that pistol just suits me, or my shooting style .
Probably should shoot it more..maybe I will , after loading a large quantity of 40 S&W rds... I did just open a new box of 1000 Bayou bullets :)

1911Junky

Active Fanatic
Glad you were able to get out and throw some lead down range. Been needing that kind of therapy myself Got a new to me Colt 01911C a few days back and need to get the feel of her. Waiting on some W/C mags at the moment. Range report will follow hopefully in the next week or so. :rolleyes:

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Glad you were able to get out and throw some lead down range. Been needing that kind of therapy myself Got a new to me Colt 01911C a few days back and need to get the feel of her. Waiting on some W/C mags at the moment. Range report will follow hopefully in the next week or so. :rolleyes:
I made it to our club range today. Two Springfield 1911 45's. Shoot pretty well for me lol. One if my Springers an older Imbel is way more accurate than I'm capable of and loves Fiocchi ball. It's fitted tight, with the best factory trigger I've ever tried. The other is a two tone stainless frame blue slide. This one appears stock, however it has been the SpringfieldCustom shop before I bought it. It shoots very well also. Actually they shoot nearly alike and the two tone has a Wilson barrel in it. Go figure. Felt good to be out at the range. It's very relaxing. I'll post pics of the two of them soon.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I made it to our club range today. Two Springfield 1911 45's. Shoot pretty well for me lol. One if my Springers an older Imbel is way more accurate than I'm capable of and loves Fiocchi ball. It's fitted tight, with the best factory trigger I've ever tried. The other is a two tone stainless frame blue slide. This one appears stock, however it has been the SpringfieldCustom shop before I bought it. It shoots very well also. Actually they shoot nearly alike and the two tone has a Wilson barrel in it. Go figure. Felt good to be out at the range. It's very relaxing. I'll post pics of the two of them soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1260.jpg
    IMG_1260.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1258.jpg
    IMG_1258.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1256.jpg
    IMG_1256.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 0

TedR

New Fanatic
I defiantly can relate. MAGA.
Ultra MAGA.
President Trump never drew a line in the Sand to other Countries Leaders, because they knew he was the Line in the Sand.
No other President has shown that power.
Keep all your Mags loaded, Empty Mags are like Dead Power Tool Batteries, Useless when you need them.
Masonry Plus
Florida

Latest posts