tactical fire control trigger

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
http://tacfirecon.com/

Anyone seen this? It's a 3 position trigger that has "positive reset" on the third position. Has a ATF/non NFA compliance letter. And a $495 price tag. Thoughts?

ShaneP

Looks good to me
I know a guy named Phil who can't wait to get his hands on one.

On a serious note, BS DuBois reviewed it in one of his SHOT SHOW videos and said that it wasn't worth the money. He mentioned that you still have to let off the trigger ever so slightly to complete the reset.

Pat Kelley also did a little video review, however he said that he thought they would make there way to the 3gun market soon.

$500 is a bunch to spend on a trigger.

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
The 3-gun guys are able to do 0.12 - 0.15 splits pretty easily and most important controllably. I don't see this trigger making it very far into the 3-gun market.

I would like to get one to play with, but I'm not dropping $500 just to see.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
I know this is exposing my inner dork but here goes.

There was a company called Airgun Designs that made the Automag series of paintball guns. They had one model called the RT which would jolt the trigger forward when the gun went off. If you got it down well it was essentially fully automatic and would dispense 13-14 balls/second.

This seems very familiar, likely an ammo wasting device, amusing sure but probably not worth $500. I'm fine with 0.10-0.12 splits from an AR.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
GT you remember the RT :-O do you recall the Automag trigger that would go off when you pulled it then again when you let it travel forward? now you just trip a switch for that cool paint hosing ability.

Not sure shooting faster is going to make much difference if you can't hit what your aiming at with this trigger. Later,

Kirk

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Kirk Smith (ksmirk) said:
GT you remember the RT :-O do you recall the Automag trigger that would go off when you pulled it then again when you let it travel forward? now you just trip a switch for that cool paint hosing ability.

Not sure shooting faster is going to make much difference if you can't hit what your aiming at with this trigger. Later,

Kirk
Oh is remember it. I had one and then I had the E-mag which followed it up. I remember that trigger you're talking about but I can't remember who made them.

This thing with one of those Sig arm braces would be just great, the more stuff needing ATF letters the better.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I got out about the time the EMag came out, I ran AutoCockers but I did have a MiniMag for indoor. I couldn't tell you who made that trigger either.

I don't understand the reasoning behind this trigger for 3G but I guess anything is possible but I just don't see this being a game changer. Later,

Kirk

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I definitely like this better than those IMO ridiculous bump fire stocks. At $495 I will continue shooting the old fashioned way.

Latest posts