David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Carrygun / Tactical Action Match
March 17th, 2013

Where: Heartland Outdoors
1444 North Kelly Avenue
Edmond, OK

Signup: Sign up starts at 5:30pm

Match Type: Handgun, Tactical Action. Emphasis on Carryguns and holsters, but all are welcome.
Stages: Four (typically)
Round Count: About 72/96 required.

Equipment: Practical guns .22 or larger, carried in practical gear. Holster (required) must cover triggerguard. Two spare magazines or 2 speedloaders will get you thru any stage. No shoulder holsters or cross-draw rigs.

Rules: Basically, IPSC rules with TIME PLUS scoring.

Divisions:

Low Cap: = 10 rd mags or less. (you may load magazines down for this division)
High Cap: = 11 rd mags or more (load 'em up!)
Revolver: = any revolver, barrel length 2.26" or longer, any capacity.
PDLL: = Ported (like the Glock "C" models) Dot (like the Optima red dot) Lasers and gun-mounted Lights. If your 5-shot J-frame has a laser, it'll compete in this division.
SubCompact: Semi-autos with barrels 3.5" or shorter.
Snubby: 5-6 shot with 2.25" or shorter barrels.
OTHER: IPSC Open Division guns compete here.

.22 rimfire Rifle or pistol: Bring your .22/pistol caliber/suppressed rifle and/or your .22 pistol and have fun with them also

Prizes: YES! $50 Heartland Outdoor Gift certificates!
Awarded randomly! Must be present to win. NO other regular match in OK awards prizes!

Limited to first 50 shooters!

Cost: $20 for first gun, $10 for a second shoot

(active military and full-time Law Enforcement half price)

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
David E said:
Hey, who has a cap camera that's coming to this?
I can make one if you want. I can rig up a way to mount my wife's Kodak mini-camcorder to a ball cap.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll rig one up or borrow for the match on Sunday. I have plenty of friends who make commercials and do video work.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
benjamin-benjamin said:
and i can do the camera work from behind and we can submit to "Sexiest guys in kilts" website..
Yes!!!!!! I'm a regular on there. That would give a whole new meaning to "Best Boy Grip".

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
TacticalK9 said:
Ill be bringing multiple cameras, some HD some not, some FPV some not. If you all want a copy of footage bring an SD card.
lol....I just picture you with a bunch of sticks duct taped to some kinda rigged up halo with cameras duct taped to the ends pointing downrange & at you from all different angles.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
David E said:
I'm thinking if we can get a stage or two on film, we could try and get them on Lee Matthews' (KTOK 1000) web site.
Great idea! If somene has an HD camera I will volunteer to run the camera. I think you can get better footage over the shoulder do you can see the shooter moving around and still see what they are shooting. Just gotta keep that RO outta the way.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got a nice digital HD Sony Handycam I use for PI work I can bring. I've busted a lot of criminals in High Def with that thing.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Believe me I've done a lot of filming. :triniti:
Ok, but you're so fast I worry that you'll beat the shooter to the last position. (might be a great angle, tho!)

Latest posts