SVI

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Wasn't all that familiar with the SVI so went on their website. Beautiful guns but a little too blingy for me. I guess the pricing can go to $6-7,00 pretty quickly, but it appears that entry level can be about what a Wilson, Baer or Brown sells for. Maybe a 6 month wait list for a truly custom built gun. Anyone out there actually have one and what model (if there is such a thing-all being totally custom) and what do you use it for? They must sell, but not sure what their niche is. I gathered that they were making a lot of special order guns for serious IDPA competitors.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
I had an SVI Wildcat that I (regretably) recently traded away. Beautiful pistol.

Outstanding gun. Runs like it's on ball bearings. Should be in the Wilson CQB $$$$ range for a complete pistol........of course, the sky's the limit after you have the base gun.

It is a pistol that you will likely NEVER see so you will be the only one on the range or at the bbq with it but it is not magic. It can be made to be magic if the right person works on it but out the door it will have all the useable qualities of a factory Wilson, Baer, Guncrafter, Nighthawk.

It is the type of pistol that is more than a function of it's parts but it will also be a matter of the parts you choose to bring to the party.

If you are in the atmosphere of the SVI, the most outstanding quality would be the rarity /uniqeness.

My opinion.

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
I had an SVI Wildcat that I (regretably) recently traded away. Beautiful pistol.

Outstanding gun. Runs like it's on ball bearings. Should be in the Wilson CQB $$$$ range for a complete pistol........of course, the sky's the limit after you have the base gun.

It is a pistol that you will likely NEVER see so you will be the only one on the range or at the bbq with it but it is not magic. It can be made to be magic if the right person works on it but out the door it will have all the useable qualities of a factory Wilson, Baer, Guncrafter, Nighthawk.

It is the type of pistol that is more than a function of it's parts but it will also be a matter of the parts you choose to bring to the party.

If you are in the atmosphere of the SVI, the most outstanding quality would be the rarity /uniqeness.

My opinion.
Very informative. Thanks. I sent in a build sheet but wasn't really sure what I was putting together. since it is custom not really a model to look and take it from there. Haven't heard back from them. I have several Wilson's so would want something more than what I have and not just cosmetically. I'm not sure what a SVI Wildcat is. Not interested in a race gun but a gun that I would make an ECC gun. Have the Wilson EDC X9, Ultralight compact and a Stealth (heavier and .45).

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
Just found this one which I had put away forgotten about.

This is a daily carry gun built around 2000. I still carry it around the ranch. It is as comfortable as any 1911, runs like it is on ball bearings and carries 12+1.

All the style and runs like a tuned corvette.

I was carrying it in a regular rotation with a CZ CTS 40 and the CTS won (for heavy gun days) because it is so freaking fast. As nice as this (or any) SVI is it's hard to imagine anything outrunning the CZ's...........they are so fast and so reliable (and so high capacity)

For what it's worth.....

234772B2-5DE9-4417-8C9E-B843CA247B36.jpeg

Sk8r

Active Fanatic
Am I imagining things or does this look like a Springfield Armory slide popped on a doublestack frankenlower to anyone else too? Is the pictured specimen indicative of SVI parts sourcing, methods and quality?

Just found this one which I had put away forgotten about.

This is a daily carry gun built around 2000. I still carry it around the ranch. It is as comfortable as any 1911, runs like it is on ball bearings and carries 12+1.

All the style and runs like a tuned corvette.

I was carrying it in a regular rotation with a CZ CTS 40 and the CTS won (for heavy gun days) because it is so freaking fast. As nice as this (or any) SVI is it's hard to imagine anything outrunning the CZ's...........they are so fast and so reliable (and so high capacity)

For what it's worth.....

View attachment 5389

David D

Active Fanatic
If I could find a used one for a reasonable price I would give it a try...occasionally there have been some that pop up on gunbroker which have been in the range of what I would be willing to pay. Everyone has their preferences and fortunately there are so many custom builders out there catering to every persons individual tastes and price range. I just can't wrap my head around paying 7-10k for a pistol when I can get something for far less that meets and exceeds my expectations and abilities. To make a humble car analogy, you have Lamborghini people and Corvette people; yeah the Lamborghini people are in a class unto their own, but quietly they know the guy driving the Corvette has all the performance or more at a fraction of the price.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
If I could find a used one for a reasonable price I would give it a try...occasionally there have been some that pop up on gunbroker which have been in the range of what I would be willing to pay. Everyone has their preferences and fortunately there are so many custom builders out there catering to every persons individual tastes and price range. I just can't wrap my head around paying 7-10k for a pistol when I can get something for far less that meets and exceeds my expectations and abilities. To make a humble car analogy, you have Lamborghini people and Corvette people; yeah the Lamborghini people are in a class unto their own, but quietly they know the guy driving the Corvette has all the performance or more at a fraction of the price.

The corvette people may have equivalent power maybe but they are not even on the same performance racetrack.........and they don't even know it. (Though they may think it)

David D

Active Fanatic
The corvette people may have equivalent power maybe but they are not even on the same performance racetrack.........and they don't even know it. (Though they may think it)

Despite all the side by side reviews...and video evidence...to the contrary