Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
How is everyone doing....

Anyone running out of toilet paper yet?

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm working an alternating schedule so that someone is available in our Facilities department, it's just two of us so pretty simple to work out.

Our building never closes so it's business as usual but most admin staff are working remotely so it's very quiet which allows us to get caught up.

On the home front I getting some renovation projects knocked out! New hand and stair rails for the front porch and had a 2 ton package unit delivered this week. New Aero 16" SS fluted mid-length AR15 barrel arrived a couple weeks ago and is begging to be assembled.

So yeah...................we got TP and life is good.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Sounds awesome - I just got some orders taken care of for TP, so I'm good to go.
I think we are stocked pretty well on food as well.

I work remotely, so I good there. I had to delay my wedding, but what's another 6 months right?

So much going on.......I do miss being able to go to the beach right now. Lovely time to be there.

M16MANIAC

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm not doing to bad myself but unfortunately my mother and stepfather have been sick and tested positive for China Flu.
They live in Charlotte and contracted it from a family member during a funeral.
They are in their 70's but seem to be pulling through it ok.

I'm not sure what is worse, the China flu or the cure?

I been able to work my guys so far but things are really slowing down.

If the Lumber yards close down that will be really bad.

To bad the Dems threw in all the pork into the 2 trillion stimulus package. They should call it the 1/2 trillion package due to other 1.5 trillion going to bulls*^t.

Yankee

Fanatic
Here in SE PA things are looking pretty ominous as they closed the liquor stores several weeks ago and almost all the shooting ranges are closed even for individual / non organized shooting. I think our governor is panicked because of the mess that is right across the river in NJ. Looking real bad there and for quite some time I have been noticing a LOT of license plates from NY in this area. Many NY residents have places in the Poconos and I guess they are looking for homes to buy in this area as well. TP is at a premium here too - guess it's a national tragedy (or will be). Folks, I was going to head your way for the summer; visit my friend and so some work at her place - but not now. Maybe next summer or perhaps this fall if things gets to a point where it is safe to travel. With all the restrictions going on I do not trust the individual states to take kindly to folks from other states crossing into their state. I understand that very well.
We have been "Ordered" to stay indoors and not to travel at all unless it's for medical stuff and food. Folks who don't follow that can be arrested, but in my limited travels I have not seen a single police officer.
All cashiers at grocery stores are now behind plexi-glass shields. Gas prices have gone through the floor - nobody is using this stuff. Pet stores are closed too as they are somehow deemed "unessential".

rum4

Active Fanatic
Here I'm still going to work on normal schedule. Nothing has really changed for me except now with this stay home or go to work, might not be able to go turkey hunting...., y'all stay safe

Imaduckin

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm getting 2 weeks to the gallon of gas, got plenty food and paper products. Unfortunately this boomer entomber virus has delayed plans to move to SC from va , I was hoping to spend my summer on a pier with my feet propped up in the sun.

Yankee

Fanatic
Just heard that NJ is now closing its state parks because "...too many people are gathering in them." Yes, NJ has a problem with this virus but how they determined that "too many....." benchmark is a mystery. How many is too many? A Philadelphia police officer and 2 SEPTA workers have died from the virus and the city + a nearby county have stopped all testing as they have run out of funding.
If you folks can get any face masks or them surgical gloves - do it now before things get out of hand in your area. Can not get any of them things here and it's getting to be a "requirement" to have them when shopping.
Some grocery stores have initiated to "One Way" shopping in the aisles and limiting shoppers to 1/2 store capacity.
As for the booze stores - I enjoy an occasional Bourbon and Branch neat, with a cheap cigar to go with it out on the patio as the sun goes down. BTW, you folks have some outstanding sunsets.
Stand by.

Yankee

Fanatic
I'm getting 2 weeks to the gallon of gas, got plenty food and paper products. Unfortunately this boomer entomber virus has delayed plans to move to SC from va , I was hoping to spend my summer on a pier with my feet propped up in the sun.
Hey - what part of VA are you leaving? I used to live there about 35 years ago; Falls Church, Arlington, and Alexandria. Was stationed at Henderson Hall in Arlington @ 1972 when I was in the Marine Corps.

Imaduckin

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey - what part of VA are you leaving? I used to live there about 35 years ago; Falls Church, Arlington, and Alexandria. Was stationed at Henderson Hall in Arlington @ 1972 when I was in the Marine Corps.
Fredericksburg, hoping to move to conway sc or close to there

Bigfuzzy

Well-Known Fanatic
I wish people would go back to work, I work at convince center(garbage disposal) & 40% more people coming in. people are staying at home & cleaning up. people are hanging out talking & visiting with each other. most don't know what social distancing means, need to put up signs to stay away from each other, that they might understand if they would bother to read the signs. 1/2 of them think its a joke. you can be telling someone where to put something & they will walk right up behind you & be in your face when you turn around. people don't realize why you keep backing away from them.

Yankee

Fanatic
We had a pretty bad storm come through the other day and a telephone pole up the road was snapped in half, power was out for about 8 hours. The utility and tree removal folks did a terrific job under very bad conditions of getting the juice flowing as quickly as they did.
BUT in the process a group of ladies from the neighborhood stood in the street (it was closed off) and chatted away. They were elbow to elbow, No masks of any kind, and then they all went back to their families - I guess.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I went to a funeral yesterday. I stayed back 40-50 feet from the grave site, although others we much closer. No one was elbow close thankfully.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I am out of work for second week straight, but, i am retired so it doesn't matter much.
Went to Boggy Head range to fire a new M1A socom i lucked into, but, the range was closed.....
Still looking for somewhere to work it out a
Bit. But, guess i will have to wait.
Living in the KOA campgr pop unds in Mt Pleasant . The campgrounds is open but we can't let out of state folks in
Very quiet here, but, that is nice, too
You all stay safe out there.
Steve

Yankee

Fanatic
I haven't shot here in PA for several weeks now. The range closest to me (I can actually walk to it) is open for shooters - but not organized events like trap or HP matches. Just don't have the desire right now. I have shot my long bow and recurve in the back yard and in a fit of boredom re-fletched all my carbon arrows. Let the port orford cedar shafts alone as they are too pretty for me to scrape and glue on new feathers. Gov Wolf has released a plan to get this state back in the game and I read it twice but still don't understand it; can't get past the color coding thing and the WHY of how he / they are determining the areas that go first , second bla, bla, bla......

at_liberty

Active Fanatic
The two gun clubs I go to for cowboy action matches have reopened, but if that is justified, how have conditions changed to suddenly be fine letting everyone shoot again, although under strict distancing conditions and limited group size? South Carolina is still under an official State of Emergency declaration, extended for the third 15 day period. But somehow we're back to shooting. Match directors all say, if not comfortable, stay home. I will do that and wait for months more to see the extent of a second wave in spite of summer like temperatures detrimental to viruses. I figure I can think about shooting without all the restrictions some time next year. As long as the SCDNR range is open at some point, I can still target shoot by myself.

gwmac

Well-Known Fanatic
No sense at all complaining about it. If it bothers you, stay home. SC has faired fairly well compared to many others.

Latest posts