Surgery + No Shooting = Depression

Cajun0007

Well-Known Fanatic
Need some help to get through surgery and then rehab. I am having surgery on my right elbow tomorrow (right handed) and will not be able to shoot for 8 weeks. Any suggestions on some things I can work on for shooting in my down time? Do I start shooting left handed? Maybe Airsoft?

Thanks,
James

clarkbe9980

Well-Known Fanatic
One of my close friend fractured his skull and hasn't shot since like October. I know not being able to shoot sucks. Hope everything goes well.

jeffsoward

Founding Member
You won't like it, but you'll get used to it.
I haven't been able to shoot since last year due to various medical problems. I just had a thoracotomy / wedge resection on my lung this week, so I'll be out for a while. just do what the doctors say so that you don't make the break even longer.

Cajun0007

Well-Known Fanatic
weakhand practice, cardio.

Mike, Cardio in my down time is definitely going to be a priority. It seems that most of the 3 gun matches usually have a few stages where being fit can save you just as much time as shooting well.

Weakhand? I guess I will give that a try.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
Tennis/Golfers elbow is what my Dr called it.

Oh. Your grip strength is gonna suck for a while. I suppose you tried injections? Did you try PRP? If you have the cash, I'd think about trying that before I went under the knife. Insurance won't pay for it though.

Cajun0007

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh. Your grip strength is gonna suck for a while. I suppose you tried injections? Did you try PRP? If you have the cash, I'd think about trying that before I went under the knife. Insurance won't pay for it though.

I have been fighting it for 16 months. 2 injections, Physical Therapy, rest, etc. I am getting cut in the morning. I am sick and tired of the pain.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
Good luck. I'm sure you'll be glad you did...eventually. For the next 6 weeks or so, it's gonna suck.

Latest posts