Kimber Super Carry Pro With A Naked Slide

Krunchnik

Active Fanatic
So I was not fond of all the wear my slide finish was showing and decided to try something first instead of sending in and spending $200.00 on a finish.
I started sanding with 220 grit wet and dry and ended with 600 grit.
After all the removal was done I then polished with some mothers Mag Polish.
So here are some pics of said project-good or bad
vs6pxWv.jpg

F6nyQmu.jpg

0jOVDsE.jpg

E7BZQWt.jpg

0311B50

Fanatic
Looks good.

Will you have to be more careful about corrosion with no finish?

The Founding Fathers would have been shooting decades ago.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Kinda looks like a mild Clark melt job.

I prefer a matte or brushed finish myself.

WWB

Well-Known Fanatic
I would recommend bead blasting it previous to taking sand paper to it. It would have removed all the Kimpro finish out of the writing and the cocking serrations

JesusLover

New Fanatic
I like it: Nice job. The finish left in the cocking serrations, etc, give it a personal touch. Everyone doesn't have to like it as long as you like it, along with functioning properly is all that counts! It would have cost a few dollars to get the engraving and serrations, filled in like that anyway. It will be easy to spot in Police evidence room if and after you have to use it!

Krunchnik

Active Fanatic
I like it: Nice job. The finish left in the cocking serrations, etc, give it a personal touch. Everyone doesn't have to like it as long as you like it, along with functioning properly is all that counts! It would have cost a few dollars to get the engraving and serrations, filled in like that anyway. It will be easy to spot in Police evidence room if and after you have to use it!
I suppose to take almost no risk a person could only carry it on Sunday going to meeting day.:rolleyes:

JesusLover

New Fanatic
That part was supposed to be a "Little Humorous". The Custom Pro CarryII Kimber that I carry would or will also look good in the "Police Evidence Lockup";) Been carrying Pistol and revolvers for over 50 years and haven't had to use one yet: BUT!
I had to reword this, because AZ Husker made a big deal out of my wording of carrying, for over 50 years. I never meant that I was carrying a Kimber for over 50 years! If they had made Kimbers 50 years ago, I could not have afforded one! anyway!

Last edited:

Buck Buck

Well-Known Fanatic
If your slide was black before, I really like this look much better! The dark accents of the letters, scallops, hammer and sights all look sharp. And I think the grips and rounded butt are also a great part of the total package. Very nice look, imo!!!

AZ Husker

Well-Known Fanatic
That part was supposed to be a "Little Humorous". The Custom Pro CarryII Kimber that I carry would or will also look good in the "Police Evidence Lockup";) Been carry in for over 50 years and haven't had to use it yet: BUT!
Kimber didn't make it's first 1911 until 1996. You've been carrying yours for 50 years?

JesusLover

New Fanatic
I apologize if my wording did not accurately describe my carry firearms ,during my over 50 years of carrying! During those 50 years, I carried a Beretta 9mm & 380, Almost forgot : Remington 1911, & Singer 1911's , High Standard, Colt 380, a couple S&W snub noses(38spl, 357mag model 640 [NOT at the same time, AZ Husker] ), Para P-13, Sig226, Glock19, and maybe not in the order listed; just to name a few: NOT just Kimber! This should clear things up for AZ Husker; unless he finds another grammatical error!

Last edited: