Summer Fun Carry Gun

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Got me a Tarus Slim PT709, 9mm. 7+1 HP rounds coming out of a 3 in barrel. I Put a Pearce Extended grip on it and carry it in a Harwell Holster (Made in Stillwater, OK, USA). It's very comfortable and light weight and I don't care if my sweat gets on it (unlike the BHP or Colt Cobra). At My first test fire I put 8/10 shots in 6 in. bull at 21 feet. Shot a tad low so I raised the rear sight. All that and it cost < $400. Love that Stillwater Armory on West 6th street.

You guys around OKC witnessing an increase in KRAZY driving bordering on road rage? Gott be the heat, with a sprinkle of hormones thrown in.

Ciao,

The Duck (AKA Democrat with a gun)

PS Yes even I surprised myslef when I got a Modern black plastic gun.

pre_1344109211__taurus.jpg

KeithCross

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice! Did you compare it to the Kel-tec (I forget the model) and Ruger (LC9) pistols that are the same size and price range? What made you decide to go with the Taurus? Not knocking it, just wondering!

dennishoddy

Nice piece!

I need to stop by the Stillwater Armory, and drop off a few BoomerShooter business cards, and talk to them.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Tom at the Stillwater Armory is a great guy, as is his wife Sabra. I've bought several firearms from them and have always been treated extremely well by them and their employees. Congrats on the new pistol!

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Nice! Did you compare it to the Kel-tec (I forget the model) and Ruger (LC9) pistols that are the same size and price range? What made you decide to go with the Taurus? Not knocking it, just wondering!

Yes I compared with the kel-tec and ruger. I chose the Taurus based on the trigger squeeze and its function. The Ruger had too much trigger travel to my liking, and the Taurus only fired in single action (no DA), plus it has the double strike function. Some other things that made me like the taurus more were it's additional 1 round capacity and adjustable rear sight. It was not an instant decision, I handled and dry fired them all for almost an hour before I chose. Tom was very patient and helpful with his answers to my questions and opinions.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
I think he was talking about the KT PF-9. It's not really a single - action only gun, but it is a half-cock double action. IE, no double strike capability. So in essence, you get the worst of both worlds, long heavy pull of double action, and the one try only of single action. Did I mention it's long and heavy?

Aside from that, they're not nice, they're not pretty, and the fit & finish is awful. But it's been reliable "so far"... about 150 rounds + or -.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
A buddy of mine has one and they are not bad guns, he's run 3-400 though it with out problems, its not a bad small gun. The trigger is all the feel of a double action with none of the benifits, a lot of people like the heavier pulls on their carrygun. I like to hit what I'm aiming at...

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Stillwater aromory folks are good to go. I did my SDA class with them and they were very informitive and just pleasent to be around. At that time though they were just doing all of their sales out of their house still. glad to see they are giving best pawn some competition.

Latest posts