Suggestions on a 10mm Long Slide

md66948

Fanatic
I am looking for suggestions on a 10mm Long Slide. Budget will be under 2K. I am planning to purchase a 45 suppressor in the near future so a threaded barrel maybe desirable.

Max Kingsley

New Fanatic
I have 4 of the 6" 10mm long slides. A Glock 40 MOS, a Remington Hunter, a Kimber and soon to be delivered Nighthawk Chairman. The Glock with the reddot is great to shoot, reliable, inexpensive in comparison and accurate. You can get a threaded barrel for it. In 1911s, the Remington shoots great but I've had feed problems as it semi-consistently won't return to battery on the last 1-2 rounds in any given magazine. I may have to send it to someone reliable for work. The Kimber works flawlessly, no issues and is reasonably priced. Of course I can't wait for the Nighthawk to be delivered. It will comes with their IOS system so I'm probably going to put a Vortex reddot I have laying around unless I want to splurge on a RMR. There are less expensive, mostly Philippine-made 1911 10mms out there, but I have no experience with them. You can probably get a 6" threaded barrel for any of time, but I'd strongly recommend gunsmith fitting unless you are experienced with barrel fitting.
s

SCSCHNUR

Fanatic
Ihave owned a couple 10 mm long slides. Glock 40 mos had delta red dot shot well. Then I bought a Tangfilo EAA Witness Hunter 6" all steel comes in great case with 2 magazines, couple of springs and sights. Shoots very very well so I sold my Glock.

BigJohn

Fanatic
I am looking for suggestions on a 10mm Long Slide. Budget will be under 2K. I am planning to purchase a 45 suppressor in the near future so a threaded barrel maybe desirable.
I have a RIA model 52000 6" 17 rd. all steel. I have not had a single fte or ftf. This is a heavy, easy to shoot, super accurate 10 mm. I know some people do not like RIA ( probably never had one) mine has a great trigger, smooth action, and very accurate. I have a Colt, a Kember, and a Wilson (45), my go to pistol is the RIA. Good luck and enjoy which ever you choose.

Firestorm3511

Fanatic
I purchased a RIA 10MM High Capacity and a Glock 10MM the same week. After shooting both back to back right out of the box, I sold the Glock that day. The RIA was dead on bulls eye, with the Glock, I missed the bulls eye by 4 to 6 inches right out of the box. I recently picked up a XDM 10MM, it's good, but out of the box not as accurate as the RIA 10MM.

idlethunder

Fanatic
The only 6" 10mm I currently have is the single stack RIA Pro Match Ultra. I believe I got it in 2016 and it has been perfect through approx 2500 rounds. I have 2 other 10mm 1911s, an early Delta Elite, a Delta Gold Cup, and a 14 round Dan Wesson Titan. The Titan is probably my favorite but the RIA is a very close second and is every bit as accurate.

Ramsys1

Fanatic
Rock Island Armory PRO longslide and 6 inch bull barrel from Hooper Gun Works. I got a PRO 10 mm full size bushing slide from them before.

Attachments

• hooper_ria_longslide_bull.JPG
    hooper_ria_longslide_bull.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 2

Dogrocket

Fanatic
I bought the EAA hunter 10mm a couple of years ago for $900. I was looking for a CZ in 10mm but couldn't find one. This Italian made CZ is top quality. The slide moves smooth like glass. And it comes in an attache case for a box with integral lock, extra front sight, extra main springs, and a cleaning kit. It has never malfunctioned and it makes an average shooter like me hit bullseyes.

Latest posts