Striker fired.....

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
I was never a fan of Glocks, or any other striker fired pistols, I always carried a 1911 of some sort. I have a few "range guns" that are plastic, and they shoot fine. Well, after a lot of reading on the new Sig P365, I picked one up yesterday. I have a couple of holsters coming next week, and look forward to using this extremely light weight, 12+1 for hot weather EDC. How about it, anyone else have one of these? If so, what do you think of it? I opted for the thumb safety model. Range report to follow.

Attachments

• Sig P365.jpg
    Sig P365.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 30

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
Had an early one and sold it. They have gone through several generations since introduction. Look at your spent brass to be sure you don't have firing pin drag on the primer, although I have a friend with 4000 rounds through a P365. The firing pin drags but he's had no failures (firing pin or otherwise). I think they remedied that issue in later generations shortly after introduction (in the past year or so).

It is amazing to me how they get 10 rounds in that tiny grip. The grip is a lot lot smaller than a G43 carrying 6 rounds, although I still carry the 43 because it just suits my grip, and it shoots well for me likewise, although the 365 shot extremely well also.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
That mag in the picture is a 12 rd., and they are taking pre-orders on the newest mag., which is a 15 rd. 15+1 in that little guy is definitely a pocketful. And a dam nice piece of design work.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
That's one long list of problems:( Mine is 66A453xxx. I guess I'll need to be extra critical during the break in. My dealer is a full stocking Sig dealer, so he'll be getting it back if there is any trouble.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Had one 4 days and sold it not a problem with it just not for me. I shot others much better plus got a premium price when they were hard to get.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
gone down I just did not shoot it as well as others mine worked just fine partial to my Glock 32 357 SIG

OfferArms

Fanatic
Bought mine May 10th with a March manufactured date. Didn't like the trigger at all but gave it a chance. Put 200 rounds through it and every single case had the firing pin drag everyone talks about. I carried it a week and just like every other striker fired gun I tried to use as an EDC I gravitated right back to my Wilson Combat Ultralight Commander 45. I just couldn't get over the mushy trigger. I have 3 Sigs I really enjoy and are top quality (MPX SBR, P210 & P220 Scorpion Elite 10mm) so it's not a dislike of Sig Firearms.

awmp

Well-Known Fanatic
I am really on the fence about the Sig 365. I have two holsters for the pistol and have not even bought the pistol.
I have been waiting to see when all the bugs would be worked out.
I have a 226 and 229 Legion that I love, great pistols.
The 365 is my next purchase just not sure if it will be bumping my shield, we will see.

batman4706

Fanatic
I'm carrying one in the 66069 range and it has been fine every time I shoot it. The trigger sucked out of the box, but after cleaning it the trigger is very good. I ran 800 rounds through it withouy cleaning and stii worked fine, so I cleaned it up and started carrying it. The only problem I had was drawing the pistol the sharp front sight cut into 2 different the leather holsters and it did it in both, so I got a kydex holster and it solved that. I cary mine about 4oclock OWB.

canvasback

Fanatic
I was never a fan of Glocks, or any other striker fired pistols, I always carried a 1911 of some sort. I have a few "range guns" that are plastic, and they shoot fine. Well, after a lot of reading on the new Sig P365, I picked one up yesterday. I have a couple of holsters coming next week, and look forward to using this extremely light weight, 12+1 for hot weather EDC. How about it, anyone else have one of these? If so, what do you think of it? I opted for the thumb safety model. Range report to follow.
Hi Mike D, I am a 1911 guy also with a few plastic guns in the assortment. Like you they are OK. I am also a CZ guy. Anyways I live in Florida and have been waiting for sig to sort this gun out so I could make it a warm weather EDC also.It is the only Sig I own. Not a Sig guy. So like you I purchased one recently. Non safety model. I have 500 rounds through it no hiccups. I shoot it well enough to make it my EDC. I am not going to carry it until 1k rounds through it. From speaking with other recent P365 owners they seem to have the same feeling about 1k reliability standard. I have a run a large assortment of ammo including range hand loads, hollow points a plus p stuff. I hope that yours is as reliable a mine.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
So far, so good. I like the hi round count for 1911 break in periods, just to get over any feed issues, and I always polish up the feed ramp on a new gun. I agree with several other posters that it seems Sig has gotten all the bugs out of this gun. I know of two local gun sales guys just around my small area that are using the thumb safety, (newest) model as EDC. They have not had any complaints, and have probably sent more lead downrange than I will. I have some spare 12 rd mag's and a new 15 rd on the way from Osage County Guns, I'm anxious for the 15 to see how that fits.

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
I have the non-thumb safety model and like it.

It makes sense to me that you got one with a thumb safety since you are used to 1911's.

Liggett

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll stick with my 938 now that it's proven itself to me to be reliable. (that took some tinkering)
You guys going for the new 15 round mags, doesn't that defeat the purpose of a lightweight easily concealed pistol?

Pappy

Well-Known Fanatic
I too, haven't liked stryker fire since I got my 1911 six years ago.... until my local gun shop showed me this sig. and I hate to admit it, but it does have a nice trigger, I was impressed! I wouldn't get one with all the good SAO sig guns, but it is way better than any glock trigger could ever hope to be! but we all know how bad the glock triggers are....and the barrel....and the sights, all the things glock owners replace right away so they can pretend they are good.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Plan on getting one in a couple of weeks. Want something a little smaller for some summer carry.

Retired Badge

Fanatic
I have one and carried a lot in the beginning, but back to my Colt Commander. I do like the P365 when I have to completely deep conceal my firearm.

Pandaz3

Well-Known Fanatic
I did not get a P365 as I wanted a 40 in my pocket. I bought a Taurus PT-140 G2C which fits in the right front of my Wranglers. It has adjustable sights, three dot, carries 10+1.

The trigger seemed funky to me at first, but I got used to it as easy as a Glock and I can shoot it consistently accurately now.

It has recoil, but not bad with the relatively light 165 Gr JHP I mostly used for practice, but I did shoot some hotter 155 Gr Underwood XTP also with no problems. I have the 9 MM version which eased the trigger transition.

My 40 was $205 and it has a $25 rebate, It has a external safety, but that is not a problem for me, I have 1911 experience, but the wife not so much and while she can shoot my XDS 40 okay, I think I will try the new XDS 40 Mod 2.

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
You guys going for the new 15 round mags, doesn't that defeat the purpose of a lightweight easily concealed pistol?

Think about it. It is ridiculously long for a carry gun the size of a Kahr PM9. Therefore, it has two roles: 1) Fun on the range and 2) Spare mag on the belt.