Street Outlaws - Discovery Channel show filmed in OKC

SpaceFlunky

Well-Known Fanatic
My buddies Jeff and Sean "Farm Truck" were contacted by Discovery a few months ago. They wanted to film a reality show about street racing. There are a bunch of local guys from here that will be on the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj-0swc6CQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk0kG5YRT9w

SpaceFlunky

Well-Known Fanatic
The Antichrome said:
Disgusting that discovery would glorify such illegal filth.
They should be in jail, with permanently revoked licenses, and have their cars seized.

BHTYdws.jpg

striped1

Well-Known Fanatic
The Antichrome said:
Disgusting that discovery would glorify such illegal filth.
They should be in jail, with permanently revoked licenses, and have their cars seized.
I agree completely. You want to race, take it to a track and do it right. 32 miles south of town there is Thunder Valley where you can run every Friday night.
Illegal street racing is just that. You want it to end, confiscate the cars every time.

kaiserb

Well-Known Fanatic
striped1 said:
I agree completely. You want to race, take it to a track and do it right. 32 miles south of town there is Thunder Valley where you can run every Friday night.
Illegal street racing is just that. You want it to end, confiscate the cars every time.

This show follows the format of most History channel and Discover channel shows, that formula is:

FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmAFaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA
FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA
FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA FaBrIcAtEd DrAmA

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Street racing is illegal. PERIOD!!! They do it half a mile from my house on Saturday evenings. It makes it extremely difficult to sleep at night hearing those super loud weed eater engines. Sometimes I miss being on patrol and busting those guys.

jhjh11

Well-Known Fanatic
That farm truck is legit. I saw him run against a buddy of mine in a jeep Cherokee and some bikes in ark city few years back.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
somewhat of an off topic question, but all these "documentaries" that show people doing illegal things, how is it that the cops don't just arrest them and use the video as evidence?? I have always wondered about that??

The Antichrome

Jake Burki said:
Thunder valley has went to ****. Your safer on the street.
But other drivers on the street are not.

Recently, a few blocks away from me, a couple of idiots were racing down a side street.
One of them lost control and ran into a house, killing him and his passenger.
The homeowners had just gotten up from their dining table, otherwise they would have been killed also.

I'd be ashamed to know anyone on that show. Condoning this crime is ignorant.

I'll say it again, These criminals should be jailed. They should never have the privilege of owning or driving a vehicle again.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
The Antichrome said:
But other drivers on the street are not.

Recently, a few blocks away from me, a couple of idiots were racing down a side street.
One of them lost control and ran into a house, killing him and his passenger.
The homeowners had just gotten up from their dining table, otherwise they would have been killed also.

I'd be ashamed to know anyone on that show. Condoning this crime is ignorant.

I'll say it again, These criminals should be jailed. They should never have the privilege of owning or driving a vehicle again.
Where exactly is this line drawn? Does the 20-60 punch on an open road between me and my brother to see whose truck is faster count? Am I an idiot criminal that needs my license yanked? Just asking. Not that I'd ever do such a crazy thing.

dennishoddy

I think it comes from the fact that city streets/roads are not designed for drag racing at high speeds.
They are designed to drain water to the culverts, and eventually into drains by crowning the roads.
Back in the day,when drag racing cars, It was easy to figure out that when you did have a vehicle with massive horse power, and tried to run it on the street vs a track that is flat as a pancake it was incredibly hard to keep it in the lane while street racing. I'm guilty of doing it.
Case in point, my ex BIL was drag racing a guy on a new stretch of highway. Ripping through the gears, the other guy lost traction and drifted to the shoulder, catching the lip, and went out of control, loosing his life. My ex BIL pulled him out of the car and had him die in his arms.
He eventually faced charges of negligent homicide. After a long court fight, he was convicted as a felon, but had to serve a long community service sentence, and huge fine. No gun ownership, etc associated with being a felon from that point on.
We all know it won't ever happen to us.

Benjamin, to answer your question, there has actually been arrests made of illegal acts that were filmed and put on TV. It doesn't happen much though.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Lots of documented accidents that ended on fatalities with street racing..... If the police can use a YouTube video to make an arrest (remember the vette on the turnpike in Edmond) they can use this show to do the same.

kdf9511

Well-Known Fanatic
Not to be saying that this is a smart thing to do, but how many of you guys in your young and dumb days have raced out on the street. In the town I grew up in there was a nice flat straight stretch of county road that was marked off in a 1/4mi segment with spray paint where the high school kids would run thier cars. Not that I ever did that. That just wouldn't be right.....Muhahahahahahaha

Latest posts