Stormlake Barrels and M&P problems

UCO Shooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Just wondering if anyone has used a stormlake barrel, and if so are they worth the money? I am looking for one to put in my 4.25 M&P. My other question is, has anyone had any problems with their M&P not stripping a round from the top of the mag when reloading?

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
UCO Shooter said:
Just wondering if anyone has used a stormlake barrel, and if so are they worth the money? I am looking for one to put in my 4.25 M&P. My other question is, has anyone had any problems with their M&P not stripping a round from the top of the mag when reloading?
I haven't tried a stormlake but have had very good luck with a KKM.

When you are reloading are you racking the slide, hitting the slide stop, or letting it auto-forward? I have seen some folks have issues like that with auto-forwarding.

B

Beau

I have a storm lake barrel, the ported one. I do like it. It always feeds flawlessly. Ive never compared the factory barrel from a rest so im not really sure if its any more accurate, im a terrible shot either way. is it woth the money... barely to me. i like having it, its fun to shoot with, it looks bad ass! lol if youre wanting to get in to competion shooting i would save your money for better things like a quality holster/belt, more mags, more ammo.

UCO Shooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Yea Rob it is when it is auto-forwarding. And thanks Beau for the advice, I have some pretty good gear now I will just see what I will do. And poopgiggle, I did get the extended mag springs thanks for that advice.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a KKM in my 40 pro, but that was only so I could spend the money on one gun and use it for two calibers. So far my KKM 40 to 9 conversion barrel has worked great!

UCO Shooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
Why are you wanting an aftermarket barrel?
I am just wanting to see if I can tighten up my groups with a heavier grain of bullet, and also wanting to see if it will help any with the feeding problems.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Are these reloads?
I've not seen any M&P's with feeding problems, only ammo problems.
If it is a true problem with the pistol & not the ammo, I'd contact S&W.