storm shelter

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
We bought ours from Ground Zero a little over 2 years ago. Love it! It wasn't the most expensive either.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Lots of info here
http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php/topic/7411-tornado-shelter-saferooms/?hl=tornado

ArGyLe64 said:
We bought ours from Ground Zero a little over 2 years ago. Love it! It wasn't the most expensive either.

brandt9913 said:
I've got one of the shelters installed in the garage slab. Not exactly the same you're looking at, but I did some research before I bought one. Ground Zero is run by idiots. I don't know if they even make an above slab model, but avoid them if they do. I ended up install one built by Flat Safe and I was very happy with their installation.
My slab is post tension. The builder installed a block-out for me in the garage so I could install a shelter at a later date if I wanted to. I met with the sales manager at Ground Zero and gave him the dimensions of my block-out. He said that it would work fine. Install crew showed up and said it was too small and they needed to cut the hole larger. I told them they couldn't go larger or they would cut one of my post tension cables in the slab. They gave me the owner's number and left for their next install. After 4 messages and 2 weeks later, I finally talked to the owner. He said they could try and make it work, but no promises. Then he went on to say "we cut post tension cables all of the time. It is no problem if we need to cut one in your slab." I hung up and called Flat Safe. I can not believe the dumbass said that.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
We are having F5 Shelters in Edmond install ours next January. Went with them because they offered one of the largest in garage type. We are getting their 5'x8'

Fleche

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Ground Zero too. No issues except crickets and toads seem to find the hand holes and seams and fall in to die. Duct tape around the edges and over the openings have solved that and kept it dust free as well.

Fleche

Latest posts