Stoeger M3000 or M3k

yibomb

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey guys I am trying to decide if I should buy a M3000 or wait for the M3K to get back in stock. Kygunco/budsgunshop has the m3000 for under 500$ shipped.KY has m3k for around 540$ shipped. I have been on the wait list for around a month.Only M3000s in stock.

If you guys have other places that have good deals on Stoegers that would be great. Everywhere I look M3ks are out of stock and on gunbroker their are a few for around $700 shipped.

I have plans to shoot my first 3 gun match this weekend. A friend said we could share his m3k at the match. If he cant make the match, should I just go anyways? Or should I just go to my uspsa match and start buying shell caddies and go to a 3gun when I have some more gear. TIA

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
I am not familiar with the stoger but the m3k has the serial # moved making room to open the port more if you wanted to. But I would wait and buy shell caddies until you go to a few matches and try some out. There are many options and many opinions on what's best but those are something you really need hands on experience with IMO. Why do USPSA when 3gun is a option? 3gun or more than 3x the fun ;) I am sure if you have ammo you will have the opportunity to run a few different shotguns.

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
I went with the M3K cause it already had the bolt handle, larger release tab and the port opened up a bit. Also cause I'm a new guy and was afraid to hog out too much material on the loading port. Just this weekend I followed Jesse's tutorial on opening the port, easy peesy.

Go shoot 3 gun! I shot with a Stevens 320 pump and a weak mag spring my first time out, PITA not loading the last shell but I beat several fellas with fancy pants and modified semi 12ga's.

MarkCh

Well-Known Fanatic
I went with the M3000, added oversized safety, bolt release and bolt handle and a Nordic extension. My son and I have worked on opening the loading port three different times, going just a little more each time. Right now it's perfect for duo loads, but if I'm ever going to quad load I'm going to need to open it up a little more. I love this gun and am glad I went this direction. I had a Mossberg 930 the first year I shot 3 gun and could only get it to run using 1300 fps shells, and then I would have a problem at least one stage each match. It could have been my fault, I don't know. But I do know that since I got the Stoeger I can run it every match without worrying that something bad is going to happen in the middle of the shotgun portion. It's surprising how much better you can shoot when you know your gun is going to fire every time you pull the trigger and are not worrying about some kind of gun failure. Just my 2 cents.

yibomb

Well-Known Fanatic
I am probably going to stick to pistol shooting and buy gear for the shotgun.

Would you guys recommend getting a quadload system and start with dual loads. Is the bottom piece to hold your shells from getting bumped necessary or should the clamp version be fine.

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
Dude, stick with quads. Learn one way of loading, the fastest. Get some good caddies from MRPS and practice practice practice.

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
Dude. Work on your quote feature. LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
LOL. I seen that after I posted. I have done it right before not sure what I did there. Or well actually let's see what happens this time,,,,,,

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
yibomb said:
I am probably going to stick to pistol shooting and buy gear for the shotgun.

Would you guys recommend getting a quadload system and start with dual loads. Is the bottom piece to hold your shells from getting bumped necessary or should the clamp version be fine.

I bought a set of caddies before my first match and now kinda wish I had borrowed some first. It's not that they are bad but for whatever reason, as setup, it is difficult to cleanly pull dubs or quads. Borrow your buddys shotgun and caddys, get some dummy rounds and figure out what you like.

I've gotta drop another $60-$100 for a caddy now.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Scott C Taylor said:
I bought a set of caddies before my first match and now kinda wish I had borrowed some first. It's not that they are bad but for whatever reason, as setup, it is difficult to cleanly pull dubs or quads. Borrow your buddys shotgun and caddys, get some dummy rounds and figure out what you like.

I've gotta drop another $60-$100 for a caddy now.
What caddy did you buy?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Scott C Taylor said:
Jesse - Taccom Double Dueling Deuces 8 Shell
Scott, you can heat the prongs with a heat gun a little and kinda move them them to loosen the tension a bit.

Racerx317

New Fanatic
Anyone have any advice on where to get a tube extension for an M3K? Also, what is the max capacity allowed in factory division 3 gun comp? Newbie to 3 gun...

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Racerx317 said:
Anyone have any advice on where to get a tube extension for an M3K? Also, what is the max capacity allowed in factory division 3 gun comp? Newbie to 3 gun...
Make ready pro shop dot com. Nordic components m3000 model.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Racerx317 said:

Factory division only allows 8+1 round max capacity. So for a stoeger m3000, you'll want a +4 extension.

Latest posts