STI Marauder or DVC limited?

chgofirefighter

Active Fanatic
Torn between the STI Marauder and the DVC limited, both pistols have their pros and cons. Marauder 3.5 trigger, DVC 2.5 trigger pull, Marauder has a rail whereas the DVC doesn’t. The DVC looks nice, super clean but a bit on the too fancy type of pistol. Also, pricing the DVC limited cost quite a bit more, and the Marauder is a bit more affordable spectrum for a 2k competition pistol without resulting to getting a fully custom built gun that can cost anywhere from 3k, 4k and up. Lastly, the trigger guard on the DVC and grip is a bit more custom than the Marauder its more performance orientated.. Those who own either the Marauder or DVC which one do you prefer and why? I recently shot the 2011 platform and I fell in LOVE! No more striker fire pistols for me, well atleast not for competition. :) If you have both STI Marauder or DVC limited please share! Also, I like the fact that the Marauder can be used in IPSC, USPSA and IDA,

Decisions, decisions~

Barbarians Live

Active Fanatic
I have a Marauder in 9mm and an Edge in .40. My friend has a DVC Limited in .40. I shot about 100 rounds through his DVC at the range. I use the Marauder for local 2-gun, IDPA, other action shooting and the Edge for USPSA Limited. I like the Marauder. I prefer the Edge over the DVC in .40. Other than looks, I do not think the DVC had any advantages that interested me.

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
chgofirefighter said:
Anyone care to chime in? Need help!
Your choice is really going to depend on what games you want to play. In my experience, I was always able to shoot local IDPA with my Edge and even a custom 6", just got some gruff from the old guys. If you're wanting to compete in sanctioned IDPA matches, you'll have to get the Marauder. Personally, I think the DVC is the better deal; not sure if you have mag limits where you're at but the DVC comes with (2) 140mm mags, plus has the stippled grip among other attributes. If you like a bushing barrel and the short dust cover, STI has the DVC 5.4 to suit your fancy. I'm not sure why they don't make a bull barrel in that model.

Latest posts