State vs State Team 3 Gun Match

WBlevins48

Well-Known Fanatic
Has anyone ever organized a "State vs State" 3 gun match? Just bouncing fun ideas around...

Texas vs Oklahoma? Oklahoma vs Arkansas? Texas vs Oklahoma vs Arkansas?

Traveling trophy, change locations/ranges every year, Ryder Cup Team style Match?

"Captains" choose 40-50 shooters that reside in their state for the last 6+ months. 2 day, 8-10 stage match. 5 shooters from each "team" per squad (10 shooters total per squad). Some stages may be relay type, some may be all the team members shooting at once (long distance rifle or something), some will be individual time (added together to get a team time).

Fastest total team time wins.

Thoughts? Dreams? Comments?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The boys from Kansas did something of the sorts. If my memory serves me correctly it didn't turn out well for the Kansas boys.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Sounds awesome. You could probably work with Arkansas or New Mexico on that.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Jesse Tischauser said:
The boys from Kansas did something of the sorts. If my memory serves me correctly it didn't turn out well for the Kansas boys.
Someone should find that old thread and link to it. You know, like a moderator or something.

I think I talked a lot of trash and then didn't go.

posted via Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Burk Cornelius said:
Someone should find that old thread and link to it. You know, like a moderator or something.

I think I talked a lot of trash and then didn't go.

posted via Tapatalk
sounds about right

dennishoddy

Matt Rigsby said:
I think TacticalK9 was the only one who went to it.
I wanted to, but was unable.
That guy could load a shotgun. Seriously impressive. When you see Chris Anderson and Jesse blink their eyes and look at each other, its real.

Bentsight

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Might be some Corona induced memory loss there Jesse, Kansas Boys went 1st, 2nd & 3rd...
But in all fairness, there was very limited Okie participation for the match due to: weather issues, job related stuff, "that time of the month" etc, etc, etc.

I'll be the first to admit that it was probably a one hit wonder, but there's no denying whose name is the first one on the traveling trophy ;)

Latest posts