stag arms being sold because of firearms violations

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Saw that too. From what I understand, it was their own fault too. Government is all about paperwork, neglect to file it, and they will be all over you.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I was sponsored by them for 3 years but I never had a very close relationship with anyone at the company. The feeling I always got was that they were a huge company with lots going on but had very few employees. Furthermore there never seemed to be a any professional business types in sales or marketing like other places of similar size. Sounds like whoever handled the day to day paperwork definitely wasn't qualified to do so.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Jesse, that jives with everything I have read or heard about what happened. It sucks that it happened, but seems they could have prevented it with the 7P's, as we said in the Marines. Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. I have also read that they are already in talks with a new owner/buyer of the company. It would suck to see a bigger company like that go down, but it's not like there aren't 100 other companies fighting for a position at the top of the AR market.

jtischauser

Im sure the ownership will just change hands to a cousin uncle or somebody close and it will be business as usual. They are too big to go away. Heck I bet CMT has an FFL as well. I'm sure they can ship/sell Stag rifles real easy like.

omahaoutdoors

New Fanatic
Yeah, I'm thinking things won't really change in the long run. Whoever gets ownership of the company next will have to make sure they take care of paperwork and business will continue.

jtischauser

Feegee Matlock said:
We should all pitch in and take it over!!
Better start saving. I'd guess they did over $60M in sales in 2012 alone based on the weekly rifles they were building. Not to mention parts and such they sell.

Stag is easily one of the top ten if not top five biggest AR manufacturers.

Latest posts